• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

inFAMOUS or Metal Gear Solid 4

Fives

it depends. you can't compare them. so, it whatever you like.

Ragnarok

Adiuvo

Gameplay, storyline, production values, online mode, basically everything. A easier question would be to ask what's wrong with it, in which case the only thing I can think of is that online has a learning curve and nickel and dime mentality.

Ragnarok

Thanks for your reply.I might get for my ps3 later.

Offtopic:What games do you have on your ps3 Adivo?

twelve

I'm not dead
MGS4 is a must rent for any PS3 owner. It's worth a playthrough at least once which can be done during a rental period. There is some replay value to the story and some stale multiplayer but overall mine has sat on the shelf gathering dust for probably close to 10 months.

I don't have infamous but I'm guessing with the sandbox design it will have a lot more replay value to be had just from mindlessly running around the city.

MGS4 is also very linear which infamous doesn't appear to be.

They both have demo's on the PSN store though so whichever you choose you can download the demo of the other.

Fives

I'm a huge fan of MGS, i've played through 1 2 and 3 countless times. I rented 4 and got a couple hours into the game, like 4/5ish maybe. I was bored to hell. Tell me, am I supposed to keep playing? Does the exciting shit start to happen soon? Cause right now I don't feel like renting it again.

Adiuvo

Did you fight Laughing Octopus and Raging Raven?

If you didn't at least fight Raging Raven, you missed out on the best part of the game.

Fives

Did you fight Laughing Octopus and Raging Raven?

If you didn't at least fight Raging Raven, you missed out on the best part of the game.
no i didn't fight him yet, eh. i'll rent it again then lol :p - actually i'll probably buy it. i like taking my sweet ass time when i play MGS and just enjoy every detail of the game.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I've never played the first 3 Metal Gears so I was very lost when I played MGS4. It's beutiful and so crisp, and I had a fun time with it, but completely lost in the story.
I watched the Game Trailers MGS 1/2/3 highlights to get the gist of the story, but still got confused and felt left out. The good thing about MGS4 is that it is now a Greatest Hit title so you can buy it for $30.

inFamous, which I've put about 3 hours into is also pretty fun. It's a sandbox game so if you like games like Crackdown, Spiderman 2, GTA, Saints Row, you should like infamous. The missions are fun, but they consist of a lot of FPS-like electric shooting. Its a new IP so there are no other games you need to play to understand this one, and easy controls.

I'm pretty sure there's a demo of both MGS4 and inFamous on the PSN store so just play those and see which you like better.

Personally, my favourite genre are sandbox games so I would choose inFamous over MGS4

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Looks like I'll be getting infamous. I'll download the demos first if I get the ps3.

Thanks

you guys think there will ever be a 1/2/3 pack for PS3? sorry i keep de-railing this thread

I doubt it, considering the games are only one generation behind. There was, from memory, a complete pack for the PS2, so if you have a PS2, or a PS3 with PS2 compatibility you may want to check out.