• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Install a custom firmware on PSP 2006 Slim

juninho_14

hello guys Im from Brazil and i have bought a PSP from China which has this version and i tried but i couldnt install a custom firmware. I have a pandora battery over here and a MMS, but it just doesnt show up the recovery menu.
Please help me. I have already lost many hours (days) and everything i tried failed.

thx in advance

XsavioR

What firmware is on your psp now. What you have listed is a model number...

What program have you tried to install with.

What IPL is on the MMS.

juninho_14

well, my Firmware is 4.05 now. I have installed everything we have on net.

despertar_del_cementerio_v7_-_easy_installer_by_se23
Catb50 Team's Magic Memory Stick Creator v2.0 FULL
14749_TOTALNewbieasyInstallerPandorasmenu

When i say everything is almost really everything. I have this pandora battery:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

Its a fat battery, is there any difference between fat and slim pandora

fantasy76

Please Help Me...:crying:

hello guys Im from Brunei and i have bought a PSP from China which has this version 3.71 before and i tried to install a custom firmware version 4.01 until now im using 5.02 but still can't play the game. i try to go back to the old version but the console say "there is no need to update". can u give me an option how can i go back to my old version..:confused1:

MenaceInc

Staff Member
hello guys Im from Brunei and i have bought a PSP from China which has this version 3.71 before and i tried to install a custom firmware version 4.01 until now im using 5.02 but still can't play the game. i try to go back to the old version but the console say "there is no need to update". can u give me an option how can i go back to my old version..:confused1:

You should look at this thread here
You can make a Magic Memory Stick without a PSP with cfw but for making a Pandora battery, you will need to find someone with a PSP with cfw unless you wanted to hardmod the battery.

You didn't say what model of PSP it was since if it's a slim PSP, you won't be able to use the battery as a Pandora battery.

Alex

You wont be able to access the recovery menu as it dont exist in ofw, you will need a jigkit battery and a magic memory stick.
you can try pandora deluxe(search in the dowloads page) to create a magic memory stick through your pc, make sure dc 8 is selected.
for the actual battery check the sticky, im not sure if slim batteries can be modded.....