• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ITV Player & 4OD Hit The Playstation 3

Dan

Contributor
Nice little addition to BBC iPlayer being all on it's own under the TV icon. Personally I'm finding this pretty cool.

Edit: ITV Player doesn't seem to work on any resolution :|

january39

eXo Staff
4od and itvplayer on now on the PS3 icons? i only just noticed that lovefilm is there.....i need to keep up :/

Dan

Contributor
Yeah LoveFilm got put on there a month or so back, and Mubi a little while before.

KelticN7

Have to admit the ITV player resolution is bit crappy

Riorio99

It's nice, especially seeing as I don't have a TV license, I can keep up with stuff. It's not great, but it'll do nicely.

january39

eXo Staff
It's nice, especially seeing as I don't have a TV license, I can keep up with stuff. It's not great, but it'll do nicely.

I dont know, but i can't see them letting you get away with that. i have sky and i have to pay it - and it winds me up as well.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I dont know, but i can't see them letting you get away with that. i have sky and i have to pay it - and it winds me up as well.

Any equipment capable of receiving live broadcasts of BBC TV stations have to pay a TV license fee.

Many TV channels are now available to watch over the internet. If you’re watching programmes on a computer or laptop as they're being shown on TV, then you need a TV Licence. However, you don’t need to be covered by a licence if you’re only using ‘on-demand’ services to watch programmes after they have been shown on TV. So, you need a licence to watch any channel live online, but you wouldn’t need one to use BBC iPlayer to catch up on an episode of a programme you missed, for example.

january39

eXo Staff
I guessed as much - Bloody unfair i think

Riorio99

It's a wonderfully broken system. One of my flat mates (who runs a 360 btw) pays TV license and ends up missing a lot of shows he wants to watch because of lectures ect, but I can watch whatever I want when I want. It is unfair, but I'm more than ready to exploit it.