• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Just got the 3 red rings...

B

Bizarre

Ok so about 5 minutes ago I was playing NHL 09 and my screen shut off and I looked at my Xbox and it was flashing the 3 red rings so I quickly shut it off and its been off since then.

But heres the catch, the weather where I am is terribly bad. It's raining, thunderstorming and lightning. So is it that I actually got the red rings or because of the storm my city is experiencing at the moment?

Dan

Contributor
586px-Xbox_360_Error_codes.png

B

Bizarre

Ok...
I have the General hardware failure, but my question is, is it just because of the storm?

B

Bizarre

There is a tornado call, thought I should point that out.
But there was a power outage 10 minutes prior to the red rings so I'm not sure.

B

Bizarre

So you guys are saying call MS?
I got a 2 year warrently left so I don't have to pay a penny? Sorry for all the questions I've never gotten it before.

Dan

Contributor
I don't know shit about 360's, never even played on one, but call Microsoft.

Hellcat

Contributor
Keep it off and completely unplugged over the night.
If it doesn't work again tomorrow, yeah, call MS.

James.

User Not Found
If the 360 loses power, but gets it back very quickly, it will give you the red rings.
It happens sometimes to me during powercuts, but my 360 works fine after almost 3 years :)

Cryox

Bro.
i would send it back anyways, even if it does work. It sure would suck if it stopped working due to that event once your warranty expires. If you can't stand being apart from your 360, send it in during school (final exam week) or during a vacation like i did.