• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Kojima Working on 'Massive' Exclusive Title

Adiuvo

Link.
Kotaku said:
Hideo Kojima was at E3 this week to show off his team's latest project, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, but a report from CVG says the game developer has a "massive PS3 exclusive" to unveil at Tokyo Game Show.

If CVG's "senior US publishing source" is right, the supposed PlayStation 3 exclusive will "own the show" in Tokyo and that it was almost ready for a showing at E3. Seems like curious timing, as an announcement of another Kojima Productions game could steal the thunder from Metal Gear Solid: Rising and that the age of console exclusivity seems to be behind us.

Will Kojima have yet more Metal Gear to show off? Will everyone finally get to stop begging for a Zone of the Enders update? Boktai? Something new? Nothing? We'll know for sure at TGS!

E3 2010: Kojima to announce PS3 exclusive at TGS [CVG]

Perhaps has something to do with this? A lot of people are saying it's Zone of Enders 3, but if that old article is to be believed it can't be a sequel.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It bothers me to no end that this industry is so secretive. Movies aren't made in secret and announced at a press conference. I don't care if hardware remains a secret, but if you're working on a game, just announce the damn thing.

Holding your cards close to your vest with a game is just dumb and I don't see the logic behind it.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Zone of the Enders 1 & 2 are two of my favourite PS2 games. But is it really popular enough to "own the show"? Other than myself, I don't know many people that are dying for a sequel let alone remember it.

I'd love to see a ZoE sequel, but I'll take anything over another MGS game.

Scorned

I wouldnt mind another Zone of the Enders, definitely be something different.

And you're right, I completely forgot that series existed, been awhile.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It bothers me to no end that this industry is so secretive. Movies aren't made in secret and announced at a press conference. I don't care if hardware remains a secret, but if you're working on a game, just announce the damn thing.

Holding your cards close to your vest with a game is just dumb and I don't see the logic behind it.

Me either. It's becoming increasingly annoying as of late too, what with companies making announcements of announcements over Twitter.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
A fan can only wish it's an updated for HD remake of Snatcher , Policenauts retaining their original art styles along with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 remade with the MGS4 engine as wel as ZOE3 as a bonus.

Man I can dream big can't I.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Zone of the enders please happen!
I been waiting for sometime for a new one now.

Only robot fighting game I enjoyed.

Just replayed zoe1 last winter.

Deathrow

But hey, isn't that how its always been in the the gaming industry? They like to excite fans by keeping it a secret because they build suspense to make users ponder about it, and if its the right title in this case [for kojima, most likely a big MGS title, but you never know] fans will buy buy buy.

Personally, I like the suspense.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I agree with x3sphere and Abe. There is no real need for secrecy when you can drudge up just as much (if not more) hype by just saying what you're working on.

Keeping it a secret will gain interest, but if the big reveal proves less than stellar then you just wasted everybody's time.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't care if the title is secret or not, and I couldn't care less. Whining about it isn't going to change it, so why bother?

I trust Kojima-san to release another "blockbuster" hit that will make us hooked to our consoles for some time. I never really player ZoE but I'll gladly play ZoE3 and maybe the others if I like ZoE3.

Riorio99

Either a new IP or a HD Snatcher/Policenauts. I will be severely disappointed if it's another Metal Gear game, there are too many now.

Bran

Yell
I hope it's remakes of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, but you play as Big Boss. I mean Peace Walker already has you setting up Outer Heaven. It's a logical step.

Except it'll be awesome weird to get defeated by Solid Snake twice.