• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Lack of HD Support In Wii To Blame for Casual Perception, Says Miyamoto

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
my1.jpg

Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto has weighed in on Wii's core appeal, or lack thereof, calling the omission of HD support as the 'biggest factor' in creating a casual stigma among the public.

"But one of the key reasons that such things as the core and the casual exist today is that we decided not to adopt HD on the Wii console," said Miyamoto in a recent Iwata Asks segment.

He added, "Of course, besides that there are things like issues with the controller and the challenges that it brings, network functionalities and many other things, but I think HD was the biggest factor that everyone was able to clearly understand the difference."

However, Nintendo chief Satoru Iwata feels the rift between core and casual is a 'psychological barrier,' one that he hopes the Wii U will break down.

"That core vs[...]

Continue reading: Lack of HD Support In Wii To Blame for Casual Perception, Says Miyamoto...

MenaceInc

Staff Member
So it had nothing to do with the lack of 'serious' games that weren't shovelware or party gimmicks as well as the novelty controller?

eldiablov

Contributor
Novelty controller, not strong enough to run multiplatform releases like the 360 or PS3, shitty online crippled by their friend code system, catering to children for the most part, stupid name, no innovation. No HD output is a minor issue compared to those problems.

skparasite

Blah. :p
It's a shit ton of factors Nintendo, even though I love ya, don't think you can just slap HD on and make a success. :p

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
So it had nothing to do with the lack of 'serious' games that weren't shovelware or party gimmicks as well as the novelty controller?

Novelty controller, not strong enough to run multiplatform releases like the 360 or PS3, shitty online crippled by their friend code system, catering to children for the most part, stupid name, no innovation. No HD output is a minor issue compared to those problems.

/thread