• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Latest Firmware Causing Save File Corruption?

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
A friend of mine was going to share his newly bought items from the Store with me, but won't now because a couple days ago he shared with someone and it corrupted some of his save files. Supposedly he's heard of this happening with other people since the latest update.

Has this affected you?

eldiablov

Contributor
I had a wierd rebuilding database error when I switched my PS3 on after the update (it wanted to format the HDD). It crashed before doing anything so crossing my fingers I restarted and nothing happened luckily, my PS3 was fine. My HDD has been acting up after the update though. If I get any corrupt saves I am going to be pissed ...

Adiuvo

Nothing has happened to me, except some Home items disappearing (the Namco beta freebies). That seems like an issue with Home though.

Vee

This is why God invented USB sticks and Sony put the ability to plug them into the console.

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I had a wierd rebuilding database error when I switched my PS3 on after the update (it wanted to format the HDD). It crashed before doing anything so crossing my fingers I restarted and nothing happened luckily, my PS3 was fine. My HDD has been acting up after the update though. If I get any corrupt saves I am going to be pissed ...

Yea that happened to me on a previous update. I reformated it but everything was still there. I don't know why though. As far as the game saves, nothing to report here

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
This is why God invented USB sticks and Sony put the ability to plug them into the console.
back up yo shit foo'

seriously. thats just common sense.

twelve

I'm not dead
What game/s?

Penny Arcade Episode 2 has a glitch where the saves corrupt if you save in the "Worlds Fair" near the end of the game. A patch is on the way for this.

More often than not corrupt saves is nothing to do with firmware it's the game itself. Fallout 3 saves were corrupting on PS3 but has since been patched.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
What game/s?

Penny Arcade Episode 2 has a glitch where the saves corrupt if you save in the "Worlds Fair" near the end of the game. A patch is on the way for this.

More often than not corrupt saves is nothing to do with firmware it's the game itself. Fallout 3 saves were corrupting on PS3 but has since been patched.

It was Soulcaliber 4, LBP, and Ridge Racer 7.