• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Limit colours in photoshop

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Well I was just wondering if anyone new of a way to limit the amount of colours you use in photoshop. I need to know this becasue I can only have 256 colours for the rco files in a psp icon. The thing must start at 8 bit colour, and a depth of 32 bit. Also the image sizes are 64x64. Thx in advance.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
One more question whn I do that sometimes the image comes out a little pixely on the sides is there a way to smooth it besides going in with eraser tool?

blur tool FTW ;)

think it's assigned to r by default :\

Darkchild

The Doctor
btw, things look pixelly because your image is limited to 256 colors, and remember, after putting it in indexed colors, you can only use the colors in that image and cannot use others! :)

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
thx guys. Ill remember that.
I don't know if any of you know yet but I'm working on a custom xmb. And while I think it's a valiant first effort I want it to be the best so I was wondering if after you limit the colours the way darkchild said to if there is anyway of smoothing it out?