• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Loads of problems with PS1 emulation. :(

Dreamstation

Hi,

I've just got hold of my first PSP and successfully downgraded it to 1.50 and then installed CFW 3.40OE because that's what *appears* to be most stable (correct me if I'm wrong)!

My main reason for getting a PSP was to play my old PSX games, but I haven't found many yet that work without freezing or giving the black screen of death, so am assuming that I must be doing something very wrong!

Examples:

Tomb raider 1 - worked fine up until level 4 (Qualopec) where the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Destruction Derby 2 - Loads OK but freezes on track one just before the start of the race.

Driver - works fine but when I fail a mission and want to click 'Try Again', it just freezes.

All of these games seem to be working OK on the compatibility list, so I'm wondering should I upgrade to the latest CFW or something? I've got a 512MB Sandisk Duo Pro memory stick - could this be the problem?

Any help on how I can get a higher number of PSX games working would be appreciated - it's pretty much the main reason I bought a PSP. :biggrin:

Acerthief

i'd say go up to 3.52M33 or 3.71M33, it's made by the same person (Dark_Alex !!!XD), so it's as stable as 3.40OE-A.

maybe that solves your problem as 3.52M33 and 3.71M33 has better psx compatibility and bug fixes.

Dreamstation

i'd say go up to 3.52M33 or 3.71M33, it's made by the same person (Dark_Alex !!!XD), so it's as stable as 3.40OE-A.

maybe that solves your problem as 3.52M33 and 3.71M33 has better psx compatibility and bug fixes.

Cool - I was hoping this would be the answer, but didn't want to flash again without knowing for sure. I'll report back and let you know if it fixes anything!:w00t:

Dreamstation

OK - I can confirm that upgrading to 3.52M33 doesn't help with Driver or DD2. In fact, the qualifying section in Driver now makes a loud high-pitched screeching noise, too! :biggrin:

I'm going to do some reading up on the 3.71M33 upgrade before I attempt it as it looks a bit more dangerous than others (with all that talk about kernals and keys, etc)...

I'll also be getting an official Sony memory stick over the next few days, so I'll wait until then to rule that out as a possible problem too.

Beyond that, I'm afraid my PSP will be taking a trip to Ebay land! :laugh: