• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Local Multiplayer Games

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I was wondering, what are the best games to have fun with your friends on the PS3? I always though it was a fail UT3 not having splitscreen local multiplayer...

But can anyone make suggestions? I'm all ears...

Scorned

I would say Timesplitters, but thats not really new nor on the PS3.

Although if you have an Xbox/Gamecube/PS2, Timesplitters is the shit...

Adiuvo

Soul Calibur IV, Resistance 1 and 2.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Little Big Planet

The PS3 isn't known for it's local multiplayer games (that's saved for the Wii and 360). Actually it's rare to find a good local multiplayer game on any Playstation platform (I recall saying Playstation 2 was a "single player" system while the Xbox was multiplayer because of XBL but times have changed a bit).

LBP is a must though ;)

Soul9656

God Listens to Slayer
I was wondering, what are the best games to have fun with your friends on the PS3? I always though it was a fail UT3 not having splitscreen local multiplayer...

But can anyone make suggestions? I'm all ears...

My UT3 has splitscreen... do I understand this right?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It does? Afaik the retail doesn't... A friend of mine had the game about 1 year ago and there was nothing like that

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It does? Afaik the retail doesn't... A friend of mine had the game about 1 year ago and there was nothing like that

With the "Titan" pack I think Splitscreen MP was added for the PS3. It just came out this spring if I recall

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Where do I get that if I buy the game? I didn't find it on the PSN (I looked it up in the add-ons section) I might have seen wrong though

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Where do I get that if I buy the game? I didn't find it on the PSN (I looked it up in the add-ons section) I might have seen wrong though

I'm not quite sure but I believe it was issued as an automatic update, meaning I'm not sure if it is even listed on the PStore, but one thing is for sure - it was free, that much I do remember

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Thanks for the info FrozenIpaq :D One last question though, does it go up to four player split screen?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

eldiablov

Contributor
There's so much cool content for UT3 on PS3 (not 360). There's a tonne of custom maps and custom characters (you can play as master chief or mgs4 solid snake for example)

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I was wondering the same thing. I'm almost got my platinum on inFAMOUS and I'm looking into a multiplayer game. Hopefully Uncharted 2 has splitscreen (I doubt it though, looks like it'll be UT2)