• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MAG: Massive Action Game

Seth

MD Party Room
The first next-generation game for Zipper Interactive (creators of the online phenomenon SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs), MAG offers a sweeping battle experience for a total of 256 players online. Eight player squads combine together to form a tactical military experience like no other.
Genre: Online Shooter
Online Play: 256 Versus
Exclusively on PlayStation 3
Release Date: December 31, 2009
Specs

Multiplayer Functions
Online Versus Multiplayer (256 players)
Online Multiplayer

Tons of screen shots can be seen here..

MAG - a set on Flickr

This is a really big game coming to ps3,Hope it doesnt suck!..

Cryox

Bro.
wouldn't having that many players mean that there are really high chances of having a lot of LAG?

Seth

MD Party Room
Maybe.... But we wont know till it comes out. I wonder if xbox live can do this as well..

Seth

MD Party Room
I hope that was a typo .. :sneaky2:

I won't be buying this game, I have Killzone 2 :laugh:

Yea it was...Was just about to edit it out... Anyway this wont be out till next year so you have tons of time to change your mind or get sick of killzone 2.

Seth

MD Party Room
It Exclusively on PlayStation 3

Joey

64 players is way too many... 256 is just absurd.

The sweet spot for tactical shooters like this is 8v8. No more, no less. Why they continue to fuck with this formula, I have no idea.

twelve

I'm not dead
64 players is way too many... 256 is just absurd.

The sweet spot for tactical shooters like this is 8v8. No more, no less. Why they continue to fuck with this formula, I have no idea.

"Eight player squads combine together to form a tactical military experience like no other."

It's 8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8 Versus 8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8

Adiuvo

Looks awesome. The effects look like crap after being exposed to Killzone, but with a game this size that's to be expected.

I just hope choke points won't be a problem.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Heh, looks pretty good IMO. I'm just wondering how Sony is going to work this out. They'd need massive servers I'd imagine since the average player won't be able to host more than probably 32 at the most. It will be quite interesting to see how this goes, for sure.

Riorio99

I'm not gonna buy this to start with, but if all is well after a few weeks, and it gets decent reviews, its a definite sale.

Vee

I think this will come out and fail. I'm sure this is going to be just another FPS that looks crap in comparison to COD. Especially when the new one will be out by then.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I really don't care how it looks. If they can get the squad based feeling right, then it'll be fun to play. Most shooters, barring a few, are pretty much every man for himself. It's evident by looking at these videos that you are truly running in a squad of several people.

The downfall will be when you get paired up with people with no mics or people who just go and do there own thing. This is probably one of my most anticipated titles for PS3 at the moment since I'm picking up MW2 and GRAW4 on the 360.

Seth

MD Party Room
I really don't care how it looks. If they can get the squad based feeling right, then it'll be fun to play. Most shooters, barring a few, are pretty much every man for himself. It's evident by looking at these videos that you are truly running in a squad of several people.

The downfall will be when you get paired up with people with no mics or people who just go and do there own thing. This is probably one of my most anticipated titles for PS3 at the moment since I'm picking up MW2 and GRAW4 on the 360.

The screen shots look tight, I dont how anyone can say this game is going to look like crap.

I agree on Abe on this one it just might have that great squad feel,but people with no mic/crappy cheap mics and the game no longer works. I also hope that there wont be so much running like there was in killzone 2. Seeing has there going to be 256 players I can see the maps being way to huge and walking around looking for someone to kill.

Btw dam abe over 2000 post.