• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Memory Card Not Included In Base PS Vita Package

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ng.jpg

Like the original PSP, the PS Vita uses Memory Cards as a means of storage. While we don't know the exact format yet, the cards appear to be proprietary and none will be included in the base PS Vita package. If you want to store music or videos on Vita, you'll have to pony up extra cash for a card on launch day.

By way of a press release issued by SCE earlier today, we've since learned that Vita Memory Cards will come in denominations of 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB[...]

Continue reading: Memory Card Not Included In Base PS Vita Package...

El Diablo

That's quite retarded. You should have at least some free storage on the system when you buy it. Even 1 or 2 gigs.

Adiuvo

Those prices are ridiculous.

I doubt anyone will be using this as a PMP though. Phones work well enough for that now.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Those prices are ridiculous.

I doubt anyone will be using this as a PMP though. Phones work well enough for that now.

They did back in 2003 for me when I had my N-gage as well :p Oh the good old days where 128MB of storage cost

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Nickel and Diming us eh?
Giving us a 32Mb stick with the OG PSP wasn't bad enough eh? I guess at least they aren't 150$ for a 1Gb like the PSP when it launched.
Still are these standard SD cards or Propietary ?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I'm more shocked that the PSVita doesn't have any onboard memory.

Hopefully there will be a Micro SD converter by the time it releases in North America, or I'll be rethinking my launch day purchase

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nickel and Diming us eh?
Giving us a 32Mb stick with the OG PSP wasn't bad enough eh? I guess at least they aren't 150$ for a 1Gb like the PSP when it launched.
Still are these standard SD cards or Propietary ?

Nothing official on that front yet though the cards were on display at E3 and had a small notch on the side, something I've never seen on SD cards.

Pic from engadget

playstation-vita-20110607104811904.jpg

El Diablo

You might as well add 30 dollars onto the price of the console itself since it's unusable until you buy that, and that's just the bare minimum. Who knows how much 4 gigs will really be worth on there yet.

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
What a way for Sony to keep snagging cash from us....by making us pay more on top of a system that already costs a lot as it is..... :mad:

Spiros

Maiki
Yeah, this is really disappointing, but let's keep in mind these are Japanese prices, it should be reasonably cheaper for EU/NA, well especially North America.

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
Looks like Sony didn't learn anything from the past decade. Sad, I used to be such a fan.

eldiablov

Contributor
I was going to buy this at launch, might give it a few months now. The lack of onboard storage is astounding.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I was a launch day buyer but looks like I'll have to save up some more to get a good size memorycard now.

Oh well.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
That's ridiculous, it wouldn't be too bad if they used a standard kind of memory card like the MS Pro Duo like they did with PSP, because all those you can find pretty damn cheap now.