• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional Upgrade for students for $30

Seth

MD Party Room
Windows 7 US Online Store - Student Registration

I say it a fair deal, however I was a little disappointed they charge you 13 extra for a dvd but overall a fair deal to those who are in college. As of right now a windows 7 upgrade cost about a 120 bucks..

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Is this one safe? I remember when Vista came out and everyone was scared of upgrading from XP because of all of the horror stories.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Is this one safe? I remember when Vista came out and everyone was scared of upgrading from XP because of all of the horror stories.

I don't recall any such stories, but to answer your question "yes this is safe", although I would do a clean install if possible, upgrades suck

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Is it possible to just do a fresh install with this? or does it only upgrade?

EDIT: saw ipaq's post, I assume so then. will have to do this.

what is the easiest way to make sure I have all the drivers I need for install?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Is it possible to just do a fresh install with this? or does it only upgrade?

EDIT: saw ipaq's post, I assume so then. will have to do this.

what is the easiest way to make sure I have all the drivers I need for install?

With Vista's upgrade you could do a clean install, so that's why I'm assuming you can with this. Windows 7 is very good with drivers/hardware so you really don't need any drivers to install it

ChurchedAtheist

yes, but I will want to have the proper nvidia and atheros drivers wouldn't I?

ChurchedAtheist

it automatically grabbed the graphics, wifi and other drivers? cool.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
7 has a lot of drivers included. It even installed my HP printer without any effort. It also seems to have gotten the correct drivers for my graphics card, mouse (with all buttons working), keyboard (with special buttons), wifi card, and my ethernet (vista couldn't get it automatically). So far I am happy with it.

ChurchedAtheist

the reason I ask is that an earlier build I tried didn't get my gfx drivers, so I had no aero until I manually installed drivers. but this was the 6801 i believe