• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Monitor problems...

El Diablo

Okay so one night I was using my PC and everything was fine, both of my monitors were working fine no problems etc etc. I woke up the next morning and went to turn my PC on and one of my monitors wasn't turning on, preventing my entire PC from booting even though it wasn't my main.

After fiddling around with it for a while I finally realized that monitor was causing the problem. I tried turning it off with its power button however nothing was responding. I unplugged it from my PC and it finally started up without any problems.

I unplugged my monitor from my wall and plugged it back in and it proceeded to continuously power up and power down (light switching from orange to green every 3-5 seconds). Now that is all my monitor will do if I plug it in, and will continue to do so until unplugged, or holding down the power button for a good 5 seconds, just pressing it won't actually turn it off. I tried plugging it into my PC by itself without the other monitor and it still does it. Everytime it goes from one mode to the other, it makes that annoying fucking obnoxious noise old TVs made when they were on with just a black screen and nothing actually playing. I have tried every outlet in my room, multiple cables connecting it to my wall, and multiple cables for plugging it into my PC.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try, or does it seem like it decided to just die on me over night and I should throw it away?

El Diablo

Yeah I have.