• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

dcyli

Who's excited for the english translation to this game that's coming out on June 26th, according to Gamespot? :D

I'm DEFINITELY GOING TO BUY THIS! morpg? F*** YEAHHH

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
it's not a MMORPG though... It lacks infrastructure to be able to accomplish that... But if you have a PS3 with ad-hoc party, then it becomes a MMORPG.

It's a solid game though, but fails due to lack of story.

dcyli

it's not a MMORPG though... It lacks infrastructure to be able to accomplish that... But if you have a PS3 with ad-hoc party, then it becomes a MMORPG.

It's a solid game though, but fails due to lack of story.

Yeah, that's why I left the extra M (massive) out of the MMORPG :D

It's still multiplayer with the ad-hoc capability.

I heard it's really popular in Japan, like you would be able to walk into a train and you'd be able to find a lot of people on the train playing it with everybody.

I also heard the 3rd game is going to be true mmorpg on the wii, with a 3 dollar(in yen) monthly subscription

afteralter

S for Surreal
i'm still confused over this game =/ only started playing it as of now. it was hard to find a second-hand UMD ._.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just got the game because a couple of my friends play this. We played a couple of missions and it was fun. They gave me some items so I can get some decent amour.

Good time waster.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I just wish they had Infrastructure for this game. Ad-hoc is nice, but it may be hard to find other players. I am lucky that two of my close friends play this game.

Scorned

Good time waster.

You can say that for any game haha.

But yeah, ill have to pick this up soon, ive played all the English Monster Hunters on the PSP so far, and when you get a decent group of friends playing in the missions it can get pretty amusing.

lilspanyol

Well , I liked the other monster hunters , but by playing the demo (I got a UMD demo from capcom , 4 actually , each in a different language) I wasn't really satisfied ,

Yet have to decide if I pick it up

PS.You can't get the UMD demo's anymore

Scorned

What does a Monster Hunter demo even have?

Well at the beginning i felt Monster Hunter can be a bit sluggish, but it gets more fun when you progress through the game.

january39

eXo Staff
I liked it but it becomes a bit repetitive specially when you cannot find any partners for it, maybe things will change with 3 but i am wondering what they could add that MH2 did not have?

I got confused with the zilliion options for upgrades etc. Still, it does look good and is very popular in other regions.

Basically great game if you have others via ad hoc, less so on your own

Riorio99

Its fun, but you never really know what you need to be doing. The camera is weak, as is the blocking system, but the overall combat and mission structure works really well. If I had friends that had this (or a PSP for that matter), then this could be a fantastic game.

seanix

You can describe it as an endless game just because you can combat the monsters again and again.
Yep,the game can be more funny if you could use the WLAN to join the group with your friends to make the mission together.LOL.

Monster Hunter Portable 2G,which is now called the Monster Hunter Portable Freedom Unite in English,is a perfect game on the PSPs anyway.

Afinda

You can describe it as an endless game just because you can combat the monsters again and again.

You actually have to to make some armor and weapons lol.

I had to cut down the same wyvern like 6 times for one specific material needed ;S

I think if you never played this game b4 it's actually pretty damn hard but once you get the hang of it it can be damn fun to play.

The Ad-hoc is pretty damn cool to play with friends though even if you progress there you have to progress with the solo missions to be able to craft new armors and weaps wich somehow sucks. Wish this had Infrastucture *drools*

If you're a fan of RPG-like games and in for some hack'n'slay then this game definitly is a MUST.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
This game can be considered the flop of the year so far... Since its release in June it has sold a minor 160.000 copies in the US, and 140.000 in the EU...

This begs the question, if this sells like hotcakes in the JP region, why did it fail in the US/EU region, even with all the advertising?

Time for a little debate, if anyone wants to.

Robby

Los Doyers!
It's just one of those games that are popular in japan. If you go on a subway or train or whatever in japan, you will most likely find a couple of teens playing the game.

It was really never a popular series in the US and EU to begin with so I don't consider it a flop. And honestly I have not seen one advertisement for this game. But I am a huge Monster Hunter fan so I was able to pick it up anyways.