• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U More Evidence Points to $300 Price Tag for Wii U

David Sanchez

Wii-U-300-Dollars.jpg

Rumors have been circulating that the Wii U will be priced at $300 when it launches. This water cooler talk has made its rounds across the good ol' internet since the platform was first announced by Nintendo at last year's E3. Hell, the $300 price tag was speculated since before the big reveal.

You can now add yet another morsel of information to the pile of rumors.

Continue reading...

hush404

$300 seems like the sweet spot. $200 would be cutting themselve way short and $400 may put a lot of people off. That said, I'm still waiting for the software to impress me before being sold.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Looks about right, that is/was my price estimate for this system. Anything higher and they'll be getting some major flak.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
$300 is around the ballpark of what I expected too. However, I won't be buying one at launch at that price, the lineup just doesn't look that impressive yet. It doesn't help that a good chunk of third-party titles are just rehashes of what's already been released on PS3 and 360 (Batman, Ninja Gaiden, and Mass Effect 3). I'll wait until a proper Zelda or Metroid is released.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Have you seen the press kit for NG3? It's going to be running at 1080p and fix most of the problems from the original release.
and it adds dismemberment
http://minus.com/lbebzYaGxhRULt
^
Press kit with screenshots

Pikmin 3 Looks amazing

Game and Wario looks great

NSMBU looks really fun

Batman has pretty improved visuals and the gameplay and level design have been overhauled to the new control systems

P-100 looks like Pikmin crossed with Giant robots and Katamari

Darksiders II from the press kit screenshots is running slightly higher than 720p

Zombi U looks like it will be a ton of fun.

And all of these are launch titles

300$ seems like the perfect price point too.

If I have the money, this will be a day 1 purchase easily for me.

Plus it's BC with all Wii games and you can transfer all your downloaded games from your Wii to Wii U, not to mention the games that will probably be available for download at launch. There's almost no reason to upgrade your Wii to the Wii U if you have one already.

/To each his own however.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Plus it's BC with all Wii games and you can transfer all your downloaded games from your Wii to Wii U, not to mention the games that will probably be available for download at launch. There's almost no reason to upgrade your Wii to the Wii U if you have one already.

/To each his own however.

I'm going to get one eventually. Just not seeing much reason to pick one up at launch. There's a few great titles but nothing that screams system seller to me. I'd rather wait it out a bit and see what Sony and Microsoft end up showing. From what I've seen of Batman, the control changes aren't enough to warrant a replay, let alone re-buying it at $60. The standout games for me really are NSMBU, ZombiU, Pikmin 3 and P-100.

David Sanchez

Not going to lie. One of my main motivators in me getting a Wii U is the prospect of playing Scribblenauts with another player.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I'm going to get one eventually. Just not seeing much reason to pick one up at launch. There's a few great titles but nothing that screams system seller to me. I'd rather wait it out a bit and see what Sony and Microsoft end up showing. From what I've seen of Batman, the control changes aren't enough to warrant a replay, let alone re-buying it at $60. The standout games for me really are NSMBU, ZombiU, Pikmin 3 and P-100.
That's understandable.