• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Museum of Contemporary Art

Moca

MOCA, also known as the Museum of Contemporary Art, is an institution located in Los Angeles, California. Thankfully, my post has nothing to do with the museum and the name that we share is purely a coincidence.

Anyway, hello. I've never introduced myself in a forum before so excuse any awkwardness in my post.

I'm sure many of you may already know me from IRC, but if not then you should make a serious attempt to change that for your own sake. My name is Moca, obviously, and I have been a part of malloc's IRC community since its conception approximately two years ago. However, a few short months before malloc was created, I hung around on irc.lan.st, which was my first experience with IRC. It was during this time that I first became interested in programming and started coding for the PSP.

As I stated before, I am a software programmer and I began coding approximately two years ago on the PSP. Since I was a new developer at the time had had practically no programming experience, the thing that happened shortly thereafter came as a surprise to me. EvilSeph, who apparently saw some sort of potential in me, invited me to join a PSP development team known as Team tOc. I accepted his offer and so began my journey into what would eventually lead me to find a new hobby and a career doing what I loved. Over time, my interest in coding became so great that I came to the conclusion that it was something I wanted to do as a career. Eventually, this lead up to a point in which I began my path of business-oriented programming with technologies such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Anyway, that concludes my boring, poor excuse for an introduction.

In case anyone is curious, which is unlikely but that doesn't matter to me, I know the following programming languages and technologies quite well: C, C#, F# (I'm still learning, but very functional ;) ), ASP.NET + ADO.NET and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Welcome to M for Mature, Museum of Contemporary Art (or Mocha)!

Glad to see you feel compelled to write an introduction for us, we must be doing something right :)

Since you mention that you are proficient in so many languages, I expect to see a ton of contributions to our Division by Zero area in this community. Get to it ;)

Hope you enjoy your time here :)

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
As I stated before, I am a software programmer and I began coding approximately two years ago on the PSP. Since I was a new developer at the time had had practically no programming experience, the thing that happened shortly thereafter came as a surprise to me. EvilSeph, who apparently saw some sort of potential in me, invited me to join a PSP development team known as Team tOc. I accepted his offer and so began my journey into what would eventually lead me to find a new hobby and a career doing what I loved. Over time, my interest in coding became so great that I came to the conclusion that it was something I wanted to do as a career. Eventually, this lead up to a point in which I began my path of business-oriented programming with technologies such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Anyway, that concludes my boring, poor excuse for an introduction.
That wasn't a poor excuse for an introduction; it was quite interesting to read how much your time on the Internet has molded your real life.

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. See ya around the #mformature chan.