• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Naughty Dog 'Flat-Out Refused' to Put Ellie on the Back Cover of The Last of Us

David Sanchez

The-Last-of-Us.jpg

Discussions regarding the box art for The Last of Us were not taken lightly, explained Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann. Speaking to VG24/7, the creative director stated that there were several discussions regarding female co-protagonist Ellie's appearance on the front cover of the game's case. According to Druckmann, the idea of putting her on the back of the box was met with quite the negative reaction.

Does having a female character on the cover of a video game create low sales? It seems like some folks think so, and Naughty Dog wants to prove that misconception wrong.

Continue reading...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i can't believe such discussions even occur, seriously, i barely give a second thought to box art, sure it's what pulls me to checking out a game i'd never heard of before. But most of the time when i go to buy a game it's because i've read about it/talked with people about, rarely do i buy games on a whim, and if i do, sure the box are is what gets me but for the most part i already know if i wanna go buy a game before i've ever seen the box art.