• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ndsi r4?

Bronze95

Hi, I have the old version of the ds not the lite, the older one. I have a R4 and i was wondering if i get a NDSI then will it work on it, I'm still not sure if i am going to get one, But is there anythign like the R4 that will work? or is the R4 ok.

TY

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hi, I have the old version of the ds not the lite, the older one. I have a R4 and i was wondering if i get a NDSI then will it work on it, I'm still not sure if i am going to get one, But is there anythign like the R4 that will work? or is the R4 ok.

TY

The R4 will not work on the new NDSi. Also the European and American models seem to have blocked access to NDSi-specific flash carts (those that did work on JP models of the DSi no longer work).

Bronze95

Oh, Damn. Will there be a different way to get games on your DS, Because theres a memory card slot, Will there be a way soon you recon? :w00t:
Please don't dissapoint me ;) well, just tel me the truth XD

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Oh, Damn. Will there be a different way to get games on your DS, Because theres a memory card slot, Will there be a way soon you recon? :w00t:
Please don't dissapoint me ;) well, just tel me the truth XD

As it stands right now the only way to use homebrew or backups is to use a flashcart - but those are blocked right now. I'll do a bit more research but you can run backups from the SD card

EDIT: I think AK2i actually works on the US version

Bronze95

Oh. I will probelly be getting the Uk version as im going to part ex with my old ds, so i will buy it in Game, or Gamestation.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The Acekard AK2i might work with the EU DSi, I've heard mixed responses but there's a discussion here that was going on, seems to work

eighty4

The AK2i doesn't work on the Europe DSi, but I can confirm it works on the US version etc. The ones you might get at little small shops down the streets, might actually be the US version, since they urge the need to buy them from across seas - no idea why.

Also, you can most likely use that SD card slot eventually, but as far as games go, it might not ever happen since the WIi isn't even capable of that unless it reads a disc with the game on it, not off the SD card's memory.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Apparently the AK2i works on the Australian DSi (source), so I wouldn't be surprised if it works for the rest of Europe eventually.

To be honest, with the DSi now supporting "channels", expect a Homebrew Channel akin to the Wii to come out for the homebrew channel eventually. Both pirates and legit homebrew users don't really want to spend money on a card to play free software (as it defeats the purpose), and with upgradeable firmware available on the DSi, expect Nintendo to start fighting back on flash cards. With this in mind, it's a lot easier to update a piece of homebrew to counter a block then it is to bring out a new piece of hardware.

Bronze95

Umm, Oh Moose didn't you know, I got it today. I Part exed it its Great. And thanks everyone for telling me about the game thingy XD

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
AK2i does work on EURO and US DSi, just change the language to english (in the DSi)

eighty4

On my own tested euro DSi that I had - it didn't work. Either one user said that and others just thought of it as a way to pass on false knowledge, it still won't fix it.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
no, search on youtube. Anyways, I ordered mine, I'll make a vid of it it when it arrives

Bronze95

Sorry about this but im on my dsi posting this so there wasnt much point making a new thread. but i was wondering can i get flash player on my dsi?i really want to watch a video on my ds.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Sorry about this but im on my dsi posting this so there wasnt much point making a new thread. but i was wondering can i get flash player on my dsi?i really want to watch a video on my ds.

There may eventually be a dedicated homebrew flash player, but don't expect it in the Opera browser at any time, the DS simply isn't powerful enough.