• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need help - Getting a PS3

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm going to buy a friend of mine's PS3 so I'd like to ask other PS3 owners here if they'd recommend me games for it... And is LBP really worth it?

Thanks in advance,

K.

RoBz

sucker
Definitely save some money for Modern Warfare 2.

I'd recommend Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, but I'm not sure if that makes sense.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Already got it :p Downloading my purchased PSone Classics already :D

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Metal Gear Solid 4 is a must. Also pick up Burnout Paradise if you don't have it (I logged in over 12 hours on it already and still have a ton of stuff left to do). Little Big Planet is worth it, but probably not at the full retail price if you aren't going to be creating levels. It's a great party game.

eighty4

LBP is only worth it if you like sitting down and wasting time. If you're into shooting up terrorists and raping prostitutes for the lulz, get GTA4 and CoD4. MW2 looks more than promising for a shooter.

Riorio99

If you want exclusives, go for MGS4, Killzone 2 and Uncharted. If you're just into Next gen, then Fallout 3 and Dead Space are my favourites so far this gen.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
The PS3 came with Fallout 3 and FIFA 08 :p

Adiuvo

Killzone 2, Wipeout HD, Folklore, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted.

user friendly

LBP was a bit of a let down for me, I got about 2 days of enjoyment out of it. I've been meaning to go back to it and try some of the levels that were created while I was away but I just don't have any draw to play it again. I would recommend renting or borrowing it first.

My must haves:

Retail:
Killzone 2
inFAMOUS
Uncharted
MGS4
Burnout Paradise*
Wipeout HD*
Warhawk*
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue*

* - can also be purchased on PSN

PSN Download: