• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Need help here please...

sHadowbane

i was just wondering what's wrong with my psp, maybe you could help me solve the problem....

model: psp3000
firmware: 5.03
cfw: switching between CFWenabler and Gen-C Full
other cfw tried: dt, prometheus

problem: some games hangs (then eventually shutoff) everytime i load game, create new game, and save game on the following:

>> monster hunter freedom unite (when i go to naming my character) -this
means i can open the game but it hangs and shutsdown on the naming
character menu
>> metal gear peace walker (load new, create new game) - i can open the
game but hangs on hangs after i choose to load new or create new
game
>> burnout legends (save game) this means i can play the game but i cant
save my progress
>> toy story 3 (save game) - same with burnout legends

also previously i can play tekken 6, soul calibur, now the games doesnt load anymore. i tried everything (adjust game/cpu clock, m33 driver, sony driver)

i hope you could help me with this. thank you.

Deathrow

I'd do a hard reset if I were you. Back up your savedata/programs first ;)

Using CFW(E) and ChickHEN r2 should be discouraged to be used at the same time. In the end, your just flashing multiple firmwares using the same modules (in a sense).

sHadowbane

@deathrow
how can i do a hard reset? and when i mean swithcing from cfwenabler to gen-c, i always make usre that i uninstall the existing cfw first.

@slicer
i have dateviewer, and a custom theme. other plugins includes hold+, psppowersaver, no umd. however i tried to turn-off all the plugins - but still the same problem.

Skorpian

Hmmm...
I don't guess keeping switching CFW is good for any un-hackable PSP, why do you keep switching? Stay on one CFW, a brick might accidentaly happen.

Skorpian

Hmmm...
Yeah but constantly switching isn't good.
Anyway for your games, what cfw r u on currently?

Skorpian

Hmmm...
Try to backup everything on your memory stick, format it then put everything back. Is your memory stick magic gate supported ( check from PSP, go on photo - memory stick - click triangle then click X on information, what's written next to magicgate? )

phoenixv5

Interesting................................................

I have a PSP 3004 with 5.03 Gen-C for HEN, but never faced this kind of problem (didn't try these games).
Although I always lose SOME save games, if I transfer or try to or from another PSP (like my 1000)

Anyway, how did you get these games?