• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New computer...

twelve

I'm not dead
Without a doubt.

I'm running a Geforce 8800GT, 4GB RAM, 2 SATAII Hard drives, a SATA DVDRW drive, Core2Duo and a 52in1 card reader off of a 450W.

You only need a huge power supply for running a Core2Extreme and SLi/Crossfire graphics cards. Which both are overkill when I can play crysis at Max on what i just listed.

Sullivan

nice, i also plan on maybe doing a liquid cooled system, so I can keep my pc on non stop without heating my room, i hate fans...

I cannot wait for christmas to come and pass.

Thanks so much for everything twelve and vanden.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
nice, i also plan on maybe doing a liquid cooled system, so I can keep my pc on non stop without heating my room, i hate fans...

I cannot wait for christmas to come and pass.

Thanks so much for everything twelve and vanden.

Water Cooling is sooooo unnecessary, fans can be quiet and quite effective

Seth

MD Party Room
That's a hell of a lot better than the original card you linked to.

I'm struggling to understand how you've come to the $440.96 figure though. It says $75.99 to me.

It in the 2ed post...

But I repost them lol...

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboar
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R467D3-512I Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

Total 440....But newegg ok with getting rebates back to you.....

That a new Motherboard.Cpu,Ram,and a new gfx card....Might wanna read the reviews of the monthboard tho...

Sullivan

Well the fans on my pc, are not that loud, but makes it kind of annoying for me to goto sleep if i run my pc.

And my room heats up like crazy with reg. fans. I cannot keep chocolate in there.

EDIT: is there any overclocking on that cpu?

TacticalPenguin

Without a doubt.

I'm running a Geforce 8800GT, 4GB RAM, 2 SATAII Hard drives, a SATA DVDRW drive, Core2Duo and a 52in1 card reader off of a 450W.

You only need a huge power supply for running a Core2Extreme and SLi/Crossfire graphics cards. Which both are overkill when I can play crysis at Max on what i just listed.

either wtf or youre playing at like 800x600

also,
4GB RAM 40
Q8200 190
asus somethin or another that one thats like $130ish
some lowmid gfx card

push $400 just a little bit and youll have a good setup.

the q8200 can OC into the mid 3's if you got a good cooler and mobo.

Seth

MD Party Room
Well the fans on my pc, are not that loud, but makes it kind of annoying for me to goto sleep if i run my pc.

And my room heats up like crazy with reg. fans. I cannot keep chocolate in there.

EDIT: is there any overclocking on that cpu?

There is but you wont need it...

IT be hard to find something to push a 8200..If your not doing high res photo/video editing or gaming..

twelve

I'm not dead
Oh yeah. I dunno how I missed that.
Fully agree. I used to run a water cooling system. It was so much hassle to set up and so much hassle to remove. And for the slight reduction in noise it wasn't worth it. Granted it did drop temps by about 15 degrees idle and 20 load.

Fan solutions are far cheaper, manageable and in my view better performing.

Sullivan if you're concerned about sound and heat then I would suggest getting an after market fan coolers for the CPU and GPU.

I am currently running these:
Zalman VF900-Cu GPU cooler (in my shuttle on the Geforce 8800GT)
Zalman CNPS7000C-AlCu CPU cooler (in my media PC)
Noctua case fans (in both)

Both the Zalman products have speed controllers and on the minimum speed they're not audible over ambient noise in my room. At full speed they're definitely audible but still a hell of a lot quieter than stock coolers.

The Noctua case fans run at fixed speeds and are very quiet. Problem is they're expensive, but they are without a doubt the best case fans I've ever owned. The amount of air they move is unbelievable, especially with how quiet they are.

The only noisy fans I have in either of my main systems are in the power supplies, and water cooling will not change that.

twelve

I'm not dead
either wtf or youre playing at like 800x600
1360x768 (it's on my HDTV) 2xAA, 0xAF.

Get's a solid 30FPS. Granted I said Max what I meant was very high, max would be 16xAA 16xAF. I haven't tried it yet at either work (1280x1024) or on my monitor (1440x900).

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
1360x768 (it's on my HDTV) 2xAA, 0xAF.

Get's a solid 30FPS. Granted I said Max what I meant was very high, max would be 16xAA 16xAF. I haven't tried it yet at either work (1280x1024) or on my monitor (1440x900).

hehe, i was gonna say..........

I wonder how much difference it makes between 1360x768 vs 1900x1200

Hardrive

Contributor
nice, i also plan on maybe doing a liquid cooled system, so I can keep my pc on non stop without heating my room, i hate fans..

Honestly Sullivan, are you really THIS ignorant? First off, water cooling is completely unnecessary in this situation. I highly doubt that you will be overclocking, especially since the money spent on water cooling gear could be spent on better components for your PC, easily providing better performance than your overclock.

Secondly, liquid cooling doesn't magically make the heat go away. You say you want to cool your PC without heating your room? That's impossible unless you put the radiator for your liquid cooling in a different room in your house. This is because the heat must go somewhere, the liquid doesn't magically absorb it.

Please, for the love of God, do five seconds of research and think before you post.

Sullivan

sorry hard drive. But its been something that I have always wanted to do/try.

Please don't make posts insulting me saying its stupid.

CASHMON3Y

Want to donate your old PC to me? Im using a pos 1.8 GHz dual core. It blows.

Sullivan

The only thing I could give you, is my old ram, my mobo, and my graphics card. But 2 of those are uhh, crap and basically broken.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'll take your ram or graphics card :D

Sullivan

Graphics card is fried, don't ask why. And on top of that my dad wouldn't let me send the stuff, he would want to keep it... dono why.

Colm

I've got a C2D E8500, it's one of the new Perryn models which preform well and are appearantly good to overclock. However, my mobo isn't overclocker friendly afaik. It'd explain why my PC kept on freezing and restarting on 15% OC (I'm thinking about trying again with 10%). But from what I've read, with a good mobo and PSU, if you know what you're doing you can get up to 4.2GHz with them (the E8500 is stock 3.16GHz).
I'd get a mobo with SLi support to leave room for future expansion. However, SLi isn't really needed if you have a high-end graphics card anyway, like a 9800GT or 8800GT. That mobo you've linked to I've seen before and would have bought for my current rig but it unfortunately was sold out. I'd go for that one.

Here's my setup, runs Crysis Very High with 2xAA on 1024x768, variable 27-38 fps:
Processor: Core2Duo E8500
GPU: Gigabyte nVidia 9800GT
Mobo: ASUS S775 (intel G31 chipset)
RAM: CRUCIAL 4GB (2x2GB KIT)800MHz DDR2
HDD: Samsung 1TB 7200RPM