• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New PS3 PSN title is.... 10GB in size?!?

Riorio99

This is really screwing over most of the earlier PS3 owners. The 20GB, 40GB and 60GB versions aren't going to be able to hold this if the user has much else on the machine. Add in that the MAG Beta updates took me a solid two hours to download (1.8GB), this is just ridiculous.

kaioshade

Duality
It is extremely easy to install a larger hard drive into your unit. I have a 500gb in mine. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes.

Backing up and restoring data however......

Dan

Contributor
It is extremely easy to install a larger hard drive into your unit. I have a 500gb in mine. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes.

That isn't the point though. People want to do what Sony said they could do when they bought the PS3. As if it wasn't enough whilst buying the PS3 itself, they have to buy another hard drive.

Me personally, I'd rather have a physical copy myself, but 10GB to download is pretty damn ridiculous.

Colm

10gb downloads are fine with me... on the PC, where I have a TB hdd.
On the PS3.. not so much. 60gb hdd.

Hellcat

Contributor
260G in the Phat, 120G in the Slim.... now gimme that 10G d/l :D

Huge d/l's are yummy :D
Esp. 'cause PS3-Proxy still works if you do legit stuff, i.e. I usually d/l the PSN stuff at work and inject it at home from my PC into the downloading process from the PS3.
Since the PS3 is getting exactely the file it expects (just that it's comming from my PC instead the net) and the PS3 does propperly activate it and all, everything works fine. \o/

Anyone knows a price tag for that game already?
Will be published in EU / Germany?
"Strategy RPG", sounds cool :)

EvilSeph

Administrator
It's already out in the EU, though with less content and on a disc.

Access_Denied

The US/downloadable version contains more content than the version on the disc.

---------------------------------

I don't get it. People are hoping we'll improve our technology and go all digital distribution, but they're not pleased with having to download things (regardless of size)? People just don't make sense to me.

You expect to somehow acquire things digitally without having to download/wait?

I don't think ANYBODY is pushing for digital distribution. It eliminates competitive pricing and re-sale. Not to mention you don't actually own a hard copy of the game.

I want to buy Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty. I could get it for about $17 on the PSN store, but I'm choosing to pay $25 for a European copy just because then I'll actually own the game. The day that game companies go all digital is either the day I quit playing games, or the day I start pirating everything. I'm not going to pay money for just an imaginary 'license'.

Also, don't forget, some people CAN'T download 10GB of data. At my house, it would take me over a 2 weeks on my DSL. And here at college, I'm limited to 2GB a day, so it would take me at least 5 days if I didn't do any other browsing. Personally, I think this is why the Blu-Ray was used for the PS3, so we could have bigger games on disc.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
This game sounds like a colossal piece of shit. I doubt any of you would be buying this anyway. (Unless you are into half naked cartoons, which would be pretty sad.)

EvilSeph

Administrator
This game sounds like a colossal piece of shit. I doubt any of you would be buying this anyway. (Unless you are into half naked cartoons, which would be pretty sad.)

But, but, but... you can soul-breed! And then your baby becomes the main character in the next chapter! :w00t:

El Diablo

This is kind of OT so sorry, but can you put any HD into the ps3? I'm picking up a new one for Christmas for my computer and my old one is starting to shit out on me and not have enough space, figured maybe I could throw it in there for a huge upgrade from the original 60.

explosions

This is kind of OT so sorry, but can you put any HD into the ps3? I'm picking up a new one for Christmas for my computer and my old one is starting to shit out on me and not have enough space, figured maybe I could throw it in there for a huge upgrade from the original 60.

Nope, 2.5" SATA only.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I don't get it. People are hoping we'll improve our technology and go all digital distribution, but they're not pleased with having to download things (regardless of size)? People just don't make sense to me.

You expect to somehow acquire things digitally without having to download/wait?

Not everyone thinks digital distribution is a step forward in the right direction. Things of rediculous sized like this should me on disk. I mean it took me 2 and a half hours to download Mass Efffect from XBL. It's the last time I download a game to my Hard Drive. I prefer hard copies, that way I'll always have my games.

LocutusEstBorg

Not everyone thinks digital distribution is a step forward in the right direction. Things of rediculous sized like this should me on disk. I mean it took me 2 and a half hours to download Mass Efffect from XBL. It's the last time I download a game to my Hard Drive. I prefer hard copies, that way I'll always have my games.

I agree but only because the PS3 comes with a small stock HDD and large capacity 2.5 inchers are expensive.

I hate using discs. All my original games are cracked and ready to play off Memory Stick/HDLoader/PC HDD.