• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Newbie FAQ..

Darkchild

The Doctor
yep

EDIT: this is the error (check pic)

like I said aaand I quote " though I doubt it will work :X"

ok.. im back..
i got this edge cart and its working perfectly with my 4gb kingston hdsc.. but i cant find where to select the cheats.. but in the settings
/misc there is a menu where you can enable and disable the cheat function..

for the r4.. u can select cheats before you start the game..

after highlighting a ROM there should be a "cheats" button bellow the icon in the bottom screen (That is, if the firmware hasn't changed) if you cannot find this, highlight a rom and take a picture of both screens, see if I can help ok?

(my my... this section has never been so alive xD)

ejelle

Noobie guy
wait.. hahah i dont know how to take a picture.. haha teach me how
tnx.. ^^

sry for sooo nnoobbbiee... XD

P190409_1845.jpg

here's a highlited rom
P190409_1846_01.jpg

no cheat appearance below even i enabled it from the settings... (image above)

sorry if the image is so big

Darkchild

The Doctor
too blurry xD

anyways I went the manual, and here's what it says:

Cheat Codes are disabled by default and must be enabled from the settings screen before they can be used. After selecting a game to play, EDGE will scan the cheat code database to see if there are any codes available for the game you have selected. If codes are found then you are asked if you wish to select any codes to enable. If Yes is selected, you are taken to the cheat code selection screen. If No is selected then the game will simply start as normal without any codes enabled

As with the game list, the cheat code selection screen may be navigated using either the stylus or buttons. Use the D-pad for scrolling, the A button to toggle a code on/off or open/close a folder and the X button to clear all selected codes. When you are done press the START button to launch the game with the cheat codes you have selected enabled.

ejelle

Noobie guy
cheats at r4 with that rom is workin.. but when i put it in the edge cart cheats are none?
haha... ill try another rom... anyways.. thanx for ur help... heheh.. dnt close this thread.. its active.. XD i might ask another soon

ejelle

Noobie guy
i think not.. i just updated the cheats.dat i downloaded it in their site..

ejelle

Noobie guy
gee's i solved it.. haha.. cheats.dat should be placed inside EDGE folder... wew... thnx for helpn me out here... maybe its my turn helpn others..
im gonna open my bank account next week and try to order m3-real online...
i just got $500 from my grand ma.. hahah....

Darkchild

The Doctor
order me an edge then :p You will help me out for research =3

found a website where they are dirt cheap! Around 15$ or so!

and free shipping!

ejelle

Noobie guy
how cn i help u in ur research... i dont even know programming or any what.. hahaha. XD

Darkchild

The Doctor
donate carts :D

R4 and M3 are the best for homebrews

Btw! I made a tutorial on programming for the DS, what say you ejelle?

ejelle

Noobie guy
i cant afford to donate.. XD but im planning to enroll in information technology this comming school year... im willing to learn.. haha.. sry i cant really donate.. XD

where cn i find this tutorial?

ejelle

Noobie guy
hahaha... im from philippines.. shipping of that item is much more expensive than the item itself.. and $10 here is about 500 php.. haha... its that much.. XD thats why i cant..

ejelle

Noobie guy
maybee there... but here.. no.. haha

Darkchild

The Doctor
what part of worldwide didn't ya understand? =P

but anyway, if you do want to donate, I'll give you my info ;)

ejelle

Noobie guy
wahahah.. i mailed the support of a one online store.. i asked if free shipping to philippines... they replied free shipping for us only.. hahahah.. damn so hard to find a good online store..

ejelle

Noobie guy
nice online store.. yes freeshipping.. now ive gotta work for my paypal account.. and ive got to ask my bank.. haha... XD