• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Nintendo Wii U Impressions

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm glad to hear that the analog sticks were serviceable. Extended use with this controller is still a concern with me, as well as it's battery life.

Spiros

Maiki
The Wii U is looking alot more appealing now that I can see the kinds of things the touch screen can be used for, that Chase Mii games sounds really fun, really simple but great idea.

Biggest problem for me right now; and it's been said before, is the thought of what this console (specifically the controllers) will retail for.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I still don't know how I feel about this. It just looks like another gimmick to differenciate from the competition (because people will always buy gimmicks for some reason).

Also what software was announced as a launch lineup? Is it as disappointing as the 3DS'?

eldiablov

Contributor
I still don't know how I feel about this. It just looks like another gimmick to differenciate from the competition (because people will always buy gimmicks for some reason).

Also what software was announced as a launch lineup? Is it as disappointing as the 3DS'?

I'm pretty sure no launch titles have been announced. It looks like all cross platform releases will be back on three consoles again though.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm pretty sure no launch titles have been announced. It looks like all cross platform releases will be back on three consoles again though.

That's a big plus for any Nintendo fan. The Wii was lockout out of almost all third-party titles. Plus I heard they are ditching the friend code system

MowAlon

We figured out the tablet's screen resolution. One more mystery solved - <a rel="nofollow" href="http://Golgotron.com/2011/06/nintendo-wii-u-tablet-screen-resolution-revealed/">[Golgotron.com]</a>

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm glad to hear that the analog sticks were serviceable. Extended use with this controller is still a concern with me, as well as it's battery life.

Since it is just streaming content it shouldn't take too much battery power to operate as opposed to a traditional handheld system. The size of the battery compartment is fairly big and players will most likely be able to charge the device and play at the same time via the ac adapter port at the top

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i didn't really like the idea at first, but began to think about what could be made, and an rts/strategy games would fit perfectly on this console imo, so i'm kindof excited to see what can be made with it.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I think it looks pretty cool, but I'm not that into most games Nintendo seem to be making.
I've had a hacked Wii for ages with an external HDD plugged into it with tons of games, but I haven't played it in ages. The only game I ever seriously played on Wii was Mario Kart Wii - that was amazing though.
During the whole of the time I was watching the Nintendo press conference at E3 I was just wishing they would mention the removal of friend codes... still, at least they didn't say they were using them :p
If they finally let you have 1 id like every other platform, that would be amazing.