• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

No new GTA in 2009

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
f_gta4logom_77663c7.png

Fans of the road rage inducing Grand Theft Auto series may have already taken lead to to the rumors floating around about a possible new GTA sequel or prequel being released in that later portion of 2009. Let your hopes down gently, as Rockstar claimed that there was in fact no truth to the rumor of a possible new retail game being released before 2010, or that it will take place in Tokyo. However, Rockstar mentioned that the first of a possible many downloadable episodes for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV will be released sometime next month, subsequently called "The Lost and Damned". If all goes well, more downloadable episodes will be available for those looking forward to some fresh gameplay while they wait for some new game information to be officially announced. Fans still crossing their fingers hoping for a new game to be released by the holidays; don't hold you breath.

Source

Chathurga

One can always hope...
I can't wait for the next game. Now that they have the engine made, Rockstar can really concentrate on the world and the gameplay for the next one. Judging by how much better Vice City was than 3, the sequel to IV should be amazing.

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
I've heard of people predicting that if Rockstar takes the next GTA up even higher in sheer scale it may cause issues with the game being formatted for Microsoft's Xbox 360. :(

Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case, as I won't be getting a PS3 anytime soon.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I figure that would only be the case if the PS3 somehow gains a strong foothold soon; very doubtful at this time.

Vee

I've heard of people predicting that if Rockstar takes the next GTA up even higher in sheer scale it may cause issues with the game being formatted for Microsoft's Xbox 360. :(

Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case, as I won't be getting a PS3 anytime soon.

Yeah. They have two decisions; Make a real sequel, thats going to me amazing, which will only then work on the PS3's hardware, or just make a dumbed down sequel that wont feel like much of an update, so that they can maximize sales by having it on both platforms.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Yeah. They have two decisions; Make a real sequel, thats going to me amazing, which will only then work on the PS3's hardware, or just make a dumbed down sequel that wont feel like much of an update, so that they can maximize sales by having it on both platforms.

Say's who? You? Turn down the fanboyism.

Anyway, I'm not surprised by this. Why would they release DLC in October if they are bringing a new title out this year?

Serideth

I'm not too upset about this, I have really gone off the GTA games, unless they come out with something like Vice city, or a 70s game I'm not too interested.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Like Tenchitsu, I don't really care. I'm not a huge fan of GTA, and never have been. I do enjoy the games, but they're not my favorite.

Serideth

If a new GTA comes out they're going to have to do more than just make it look pretty.

I'd love a GTA meets the sims type of game where you could construct your own house. Even a map editor would be pretty cool.

Adiuvo

I didn't really expect a new GTA. I only just got started playing IV on my computer, and it seems like it'll last awhile.

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
For those who haven't been following news on the downloadable episode "The Lost and Damned"; it's been priced and dated for February 17th 2009 at 1600 MS points.

Source

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
Yeah, it's expensive for what it is.

I guess Rockstar is hoping that with one third of GTA4 stories and missions people will be willing to pay one third of the original retail price.