• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

soha

How can you possibly have an issue with a ban on assault rifles? In addition, what does your dig about using "science" and "reason" have to do with anything?
Assault weapons Abe, you know, pull the trigger and you only get one shot out kind of rifles. Assualt rifles have been banned for decades bro.
The last AWB did nothing to deter crime, all it did was take rights away from people (hence the reasoning part). If the last AWB did shit, then what do you think this new one, with more restrictions on guns and ammo, is going to achieve?

They also want to ban "cop killer bullets". WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN? Any bullet is capable of killing a cop.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM EST ----------

Oh btw, I posted this in the wrong forum. I meant it post it in off topic, can you please move it >:3 ?

eldiablov

Contributor
Yeah, let robbers and gangsters legally carry rocket launchers too. It's just infringing on American citizens rights and taking away from their civil liberties ! This is such a damn conspiracy.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Assault weapons Abe, you know, pull the trigger and you only get one shot out kind of rifles. Assualt rifles have been banned for decades bro.
The last AWB did nothing to deter crime, all it did was take rights away from people (hence the reasoning part). If the last AWB did shit, then what do you think this new one, with more restrictions on guns and ammo, is going to achieve?

They also want to ban "cop killer bullets". WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN? Any bullet is capable of killing a cop.

So you're in favor of gun manufacturers taking the automatic versions of their weapons, making them semi-auto, and then selling them to the public? I for one am not. Just take a look at this list and click on some of the weapons listed. Wikimedia Error

I'm pretty sure you can figure out what a cop killer bullet is. It's obviously one of the armor piercing variety.

Edit - You had this in Off Topic and I moved it to Smart Talk in hopes of having a proper conversation on the topic, etc.

Slasher

Suck It
Good

soha

So you're in favor of gun manufacturers taking the automatic versions of their weapons, making them semi-auto, and then selling them to the public? I for one am not. Just take a look at this list and click on some of the weapons listed. Wikimedia Error

I'm pretty sure you can figure out what a cop killer bullet is. It's obviously one of the armor piercing variety.

Edit - You had this in Off Topic and I moved it to Smart Talk in hopes of having a proper conversation on the topic, etc.

I have no problem with that because; 1) They are semi automatic, and not easily convertible like people think, 2) They're not anymore dangerous than a regular hunting rifle. Armor piercing round for handguns have been banned for a while, and pretty much any hunting round can round can be considered a "cop killer bullet", since the majority are armor piercing.

:love:

Yeah, let robbers and gangsters legally carry rocket launchers too. It's just infringing on American citizens rights and taking away from their civil liberties ! This is such a damn conspiracy.
Get out.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I have no problem with that because; 1) They are semi automatic, and not easily convertible like people think, 2) They're not anymore dangerous than a regular hunting rifle. Armor piercing round for handguns have been banned for a while, [HIGHLIGHT]and pretty much any hunting round can round can be considered a "cop killer bullet", since the majority are armor piercing.[/HIGHLIGHT]

I've been hunting deer and other things since I was 14 and I don't think any of the rounds I've ever used have had any special tips to deal with a bullet proof vest. (I've got a small Mini-30 brush gun, .308 level action, and a 30-06.)

soha

I've been hunting deer and other things since I was 14 and I don't think any of the rounds I've ever used have had any special tips to deal with a bullet proof vest. (I've got a small Mini-30 brush gun, .308 level action, and a 30-06.)
Some 30-06 rounds are armor piercing btw. Also large hunting rounds are able to penetrate body armor, despite not being made for that purpose.

Kyle0wnsyou

Lavate las manooos!!
I have a feeling Obama's administration understands the problems with the last AWB.

This is also a good watch. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysf8x477c30[/yt]

The posters in this thread probably already know the things pointed out in the video, but it's a good link for showing people who don't quite understand.

soha

So what's wrong with banning body armour piercing bullets? I don't get it.
How often are cops killed by AP rifle rounds here in the US?
This is just one of those "HURRR ITS NOT REALLY HELPING SHIT BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD AND MAKES IT LOOK LIKE IF WERE FIGHTAN CRIME RIGHT??" but in reality isn't doing shit to fight crime, and is only fucking with the American peoples rights.

Chathurga

How often are cops killed by AP rifle rounds here in the US?
This is just one of those "HURRR ITS NOT REALLY HELPING SHIT BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD AND MAKES IT LOOK LIKE IF WERE FIGHTAN CRIME RIGHT??" but in reality isn't doing shit to fight crime, and is only fucking with the American people rights.

Your probably right, I always hear Obama say "HURRR" before making a point.
You're a smart one Neurotoxin, no one slips something by you!

I still don't get why banning them is a bad idea.

soha

I have a feeling Obama's administration understands the problems with the last AWB.

This is also a good watch. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysf8x477c30[/yt]

The posters in this thread probably already know the things pointed out in the video, but it's a good link for showing people who don't quite understand.
The only problem with the last AWB that I see is the fact that it was passed.

Kyle0wnsyou

Lavate las manooos!!
Neurotoxin, why is allowing full use of killing machines better than banning their use and making it illegal for those who own one?

The laws don't enforce themselves, it's the job of LAW ENFORCEMENT to take away the guns. So you have a problem with LAW ENFORCEMENT not enforcing previous AWBs, not the AWBs themselves.

If you DO have a problem with the AWB, you better have a damned good reason for owning a killing machine.

Chathurga

Why ban something thats not a problem?
They have no other use apart from killing a protected human, of course they need to be banned.
By your logic, if I made a bullet that lit people on fire but I never shot it then it should never be banned because it's not a problem yet? You have some funky, funky ideas.

And whats to stop them from saying that everything bullet over .22 is a cop killer bullet?

Meticulously defined legislation?

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
The majority of gun crimes are committed with handguns. You can't hide an AK-47, M-16/AR-15, or HK417 in your pocket. I would much rather have a ban on handguns than assault rifles. Besides, the laws are never written with a gun expert defining what an assault rifle is. An Ak-47 and SKS shoot the same bullet, at the same rate of fire, with the same accuracy, as the internal components are the same, but the AK is illegal because it looks like an assault rifle, and the SKS looks more like a hunting rifle.

soha

Neurotoxin, why is allowing full use of killing machines better than banning their use and making it illegal for those who own one?

The laws don't enforce themselves, it's the job of LAW ENFORCEMENT to take away the guns. So you have a problem with LAW ENFORCEMENT not enforcing previous AWBs, not the AWBs themselves.
The previous AWB was enforced, and you know what? It did help anything at all. Why? because only like 2% of all crime committed with a firearm prior the the last AWB was committed using an "assault weapon". So why make thousands of law abiding citizens who own an "assault weapon" into criminals?

If you DO have a problem with the AWB, you better have a damned good reason for owning a killing machine.
There are hundreds of thousand of Americans who own these:
2ptt02a.jpg

Why do they own it? because they can. Just because you own a "killing machine" doesn't mean you have to kill someone with it, and the fact that these "killing machines" are owned by so many people but you dont hear much about people using them to commit massacres proves that.