• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Odd iPhone 4 question

Spiros

Maiki
So, I got an iPhone 4 yesterday, and I just realized now that it's titled "Russell's iPhone". I don't actually know any russell's, I did plug it into my laptop last night to charge but I don't even have iTunes on it. So I could not have accidentally set it.

I don't know if apple is putting refurbished phones back on the market and passing them off as new? Should I be bothered? Anyone have any ideas?

Also when I charge it(even while it's in "sleep mode") it gets quite hot. Anyone know if that's normal?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
So, I got an iPhone 4 yesterday, and I just realized now that it's titled "Russell's iPhone". I don't actually know any russell's, I did plug it into my laptop last night to charge but I don't even have iTunes on it. So I could not have accidentally set it.

I don't know if apple is putting refurbished phones back on the market and passing them off as new? Should I be bothered? Anyone have any ideas?

Also when I charge it(even while it's in "sleep mode") it gets quite hot. Anyone know if that's normal?

You would have had to get it activated when you bought it or done it yourself through iTunes. Since you said that you don't even have iTunes installed then I would assume that you got it activated instore. That means that the person who did it for you was called Russell :p

angelsniper45

How hot? Mine get's quite warm while charging, and my old iPod Touch used to get really hot while playing games.

Is it uncomfortable to hold at that temperature?

My iphone 3G got really hot when I would use my GPS app, but thats really the only time it would.

And about the name, I wouldnt worry. Just restore the iphone from itunes and you should be fine.