• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

old/new banner comparison

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Well a long time ago i made a banner for a site i hardly ever edit.

That was when i first started messing around with gimp now i have a lil bit more knowledge (very lil bit more) on all of the dynamic image editing software and all that good stuff but i wanted to know if any one else sees any improvement in comparison too what i used to do to what i do now and also wanted to ask what i should improve opon.

Okay here we go!!!!

OLD
=================================================
banner.png

NEWER
banderz-1.gif

NEWEST
bannermod.png

Seth

MD Party Room
I like it..Tho grapefruits and tech?

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
IMO, your fonts are a bit over-stylized. Sometimes a more simpler sans font with some effects can look great. Your second one is the best out of the three, but that cityscape is a bit out of place. With the second one, I would pick a better font and replace the cityscape with the caption from your first. Gradients should be used sparingly.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
IMO, your fonts are a bit over-stylized. Sometimes a more simpler sans font with some effects can look great. Your second one is the best out of the three, but that cityscape is a bit out of place. With the second one, I would pick a better font and replace the cityscape with the caption from your first. Gradients should be used sparingly.

i was actually thinking about that but I was just messin around with it. I share the site and my friend said he wanted it how it was.

As for gradients :love: Lovem but ill try to use them more sparingly if you check my sig you will see i use gradients alot but thats mostly because it goes with scheme of my site itself.

eighty4

Honestly, I don't liek either of them since they seem to have no skill involved in making them. Like limes - have NOTHING to do with hustling. And if you were a "hustler" you wouldn't use words liek extreme etc, to voice it.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Honestly, I don't liek either of them since they seem to have no skill involved in making them. Like limes - have NOTHING to do with hustling. And if you were a "hustler" you wouldn't use words liek extreme etc, to voice it.

Harsh.
But understandable. i didnt choose the name of the website.

Also the site isnt even about hustling. its pretty damn random. i just work with what im given wich in this cas was pictures of stars pictures of limes two city pics and the bird was mine i had to add something to let people know i did it.

_Syn

Looks okay, but you should try to use a more .. colourful and non-monochromatic background.

Just a tip! :)

RoBz

sucker
Yeah the backgrounds are pretty boring, too solid. Also, I think you need to change the fonts, something more basic.

Vee

Be a bit more creative. Dont just slap gradients and images together and call it a banner. Actually make something thats relevent to your site.

Clint

Clintoris
This is going to sound harsh, but I just don't even know what to say. It doesn't look professional at all, and reminds me of a very badly done "clan site" template. Very generic, very 90s.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
This is going to sound harsh, but I just don't even know what to say. It doesn't look professional at all, and reminds me of a very badly done "clan site" template. Very generic, very 90s.

it shouldnt look professional im a noob :p .

like i said im trying to compare if i got better or worse wich is why i put them in order relating to when i did them the first being the oldest and the last being the newest.

im not trying to do this profesionally just so i could do some of the gfx editing because my partner tried to hire a pro wich was expensive and way beyond budget.

_Syn

just to add: the simpler the font looks, it'll usually look better than an overdesigned font. You've seen the Nike font right? Its simple but there's something about it that makes it stand out from the rest. Sounds lame, but it'll come in handy.