• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Online gamers in China must soon register with real names

Seth

MD Party Room
Not sure if I should be posting this here....

Online gamers in China must soon register with real names

I found this to be huge news,also find it sad that a government has to do this.

Also I got a good chuchel(laugh) out of this

the real purpose is to find out which kids are the most strategically and tactically adept in FPSs, and then make them officers in the chinese army

-Some guy on Digg.

Slasher

Suck It
With (a certain variation/form) [of] communism being in China, this news really doesn't surprise me. The one-child policy is already a violation of human rights, so this particular policy shouldn't be a problem to implement

Slasher

Suck It
But in all honestly, can't you join their Army by just signing up?

Depending on what field of the military you plan on going in to, I'd say the same pretty much applies to any country.

You sign up, you pass a physical fitness test, you pass a very limited literacy test. Good to go!

EDIT - After looking up on wikipedia, China has over 300 million males as well as 300 million females fit for military service. Quite the staggering number :w00t:

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
Video game anti addiction measure... because it's not like the Chinese government doesn't already like to keep things under tight provision.

the Chinese government will begin taking in personal information from any players who register to play MMO, free or otherwise. Gamers will need to register their names along with the code for their government-issued ID cards.

Now I'm going to have to boot Cho Fei from my WoW guild, seeing as how our anti PLA tactics might be leaked to the Chinese government. :(

Seth

MD Party Room
Depending on what field of the military you plan on going in to, I'd say the same pretty much applies to any country.

You sign up, you pass a physical fitness test, you pass a very limited literacy test. Good to go!

EDIT - After looking up on wikipedia, China has over 300 million males as well as 300 million females fit for military service. Quite the staggering number :w00t:

TO be fair I cant get into the army due to my high and weight...

Seth

MD Party Room
But whouldent you gain the name Chug Lee alot more?

Seth

MD Party Room
With (a certain variation/form) [of] communism being in China, this news really doesn't surprise me. [HIGHLIGHT]The one-child policy is already a violation of human rights,[/HIGHLIGHT] so this particular policy shouldn't be a problem to implement

Do you know they do if they get pregnant again? DO they make them have a abortion or something?

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Do you know they do if they get pregnant again? DO they make them have a abortion or something?

I think they make you pay which is really expensive, if you can't pay then its an abortion, don't quote me on this though.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
With (a certain variation/form) [of] communism being in China, this news really doesn't surprise me. The one-child policy is already a violation of human rights, so this particular policy shouldn't be a problem to implement

Sometimes, violating certain rights to keep the world more sustainable is okay, IMO. I mean seriously, if the Chinese didn't control their population, they would be growing like India right now. Sooner or later, both China and India are going to consume all of the Earth's resources as they become more technologically advanced. Our world is going to reach the peak of sustainable population and dive down dramatically like a J-curve. And this will probably be in our life time too. Oh lawd.

Additional Comment:

Yes, in most cases. If they don't find out, you'll have to pay a fine annually to keep the child. They're obviously not just going to dump the newborn into a lake of dead babies like in 300. xD

In addition, if you live in a rural area, where the Police aren't as dense, you can have several children without even being fined.

Being half Chinese, I have relatives in China. My aunt on my Dad's side has 3 kids and all of them were born after the one-child policy was enacted. Of course, they live in rural areas.

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
Their policy on having more than one child is enforced at the provincial level through fines that are imposed based on the annual income of the family and other related "family" factors. Just look at their current gender imbalance.