• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming Out of All Ouya Owners, 27 Percent Have Paid for a Game

David Sanchez

Ouya1.jpg

So the Ouya, am I right? Things aren't exactly looking amazing for the tiny Android-based console. We previously got software sales figures for games on the Ouya, and now we've gotten word (courtesy of Polygon) that only 27 percent of Ouya owners have actually bought games.

While I personally don't think 27 percent is a massive number, Ouya CEO Julie Uhrman says sales figures will increase.

Continue reading...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I honestly think a lot of people bought it just as a cheap plug and play emulation device. They even advertised it as being hackable, so yeah.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I honestly think a lot of people bought it just as a cheap plug and play emulation device. They even advertised it as being hackable, so yeah.

I can confirm I purchased (backed originally on Kickstarter) mine in hopes of hacking it and not for the games or the experience they promised. It makes a great emulation machine and hopefully one day a multi-media machine (haven't checked out XMBC's progress on it much yet). I also got it because of the bluetooth controller - although had issues using it on my PC successfully.