• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Phat or Lite?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Which one do you guys like more, the DS Phat or DS Lite? If ya vote at least give a reason. I can honestly say it's a tough decision, the Lite has alot better-lit screen, but the d-pad on the Lite sucks and the GBA carts stick out, which I don't dig at all. But the Lite DOES have a better battery. It's kind've hard to choose, but I'm gonna have to stick with Phat.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Lite....although the dpad thing is a problem but i guess a small mod job could fix that if i wanted... :\

i remember when the original came out and i thought "my god thats ugly"....

also i just like my consoles black :p

except the SNES....its perfect the way it is

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Lite. True, it is annoying that the GBA carts stick out, but the improved screen takes the cake for me.

also i just like my consoles black :p

hehe I take it you have a black DS Lite? Wish I had one.. they only launched with polar white as a color here in the US. :(

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Lite. True, it is annoying that the GBA carts stick out, but the improved screen takes the cake for me.

hehe I take it you have a black DS Lite? Wish I had one.. they only launched with polar white as a color here in the US. :(

yep,black DS lite :D
black PSP
black N64
black PStwo (the slim one)
black laptop (not really a console...)
purple gamecube but with a custom decal over it
black GBA SP (used to...traded it in)
grey SNES

hell,even my ngage had a black cover on it :cool:

J

Junit

I wanted a Ngage , my phone service provider was charging 285$ with a 2 year contract lol , this was some time ago , I should look for one now though that can take my sim card :p

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I did, didn't you read my post? I did it because it was bigger and the cartridges don't stick out, and the buttons/d-pad are alot better on it. Dunno who else though.

neonix

Definitely the Lite. I don't mind the loose dpad and or GBA games. If I ever play GBA games, I play them on my PSP with gPSP.

supaquickt

I'm voting lite simply because of the size. Pretty much the same reason I bought my psp slim. Even though the old one does the job.

EDIT: PS: Am I the ONLY one that likes white consoles, white ds lite, white PSP Phat, white PSP Slim. Maybe there's something wrong with me :)