• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Planning to get a Slim PS3...

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
What homebrew capabilities are there at the moment, if any?
Thanks.

Adiuvo

None whatsoever. The exploit found awhile back hasn't come to anything public.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
None whatsoever. The exploit found awhile back hasn't come to anything public.

Dang. Ah well, thanks for the reply :)
I already have a PSN so any M4M people who want to add me for when I get it add "ElXando" :)

Nick

the ps3 is a great gaming console. better than the xbox in my opinion. i dont believe the xbox has any homebrew/exploits at all. so its just a matter of time until some come out for the ps3. so you should just buy a ps3 now and wait :)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
the ps3 is a great gaming console. better than the xbox in my opinion. i dont believe the xbox has any homebrew/exploits at all. so its just a matter of time until some come out for the ps3. so you should just buy a ps3 now and wait :)

I've had a 360 since Christmas 2007 and mine's modded to play downloaded games, I think that's an exploit :p
I'll get a PS3 once I can afford it :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

It sure can, see: Free60

You need to be running a specific kernel in order to run homebrew though. For that reason progress on the homebrew front has been slow.

LocutusEstBorg

There is no point in considering homebrew support since there is no permanent method like the PS2/XBox. Buy it for the exclusive titles and if that doesn't seem worth it, get a good PC instead.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
There is no point in considering homebrew support since there is no permanent method like the PS2/XBox. Buy it for the exclusive titles and if that doesn't seem worth it, get a good PC instead.

I'm getting it for 2 reasons...
I have over 2,400 subscribers on youtube at the moment and loads of them only have PS3s but still want to play with me.
And to play with my real life friends who only have PS3s.

My PC is decent enough but I tried downloading MW2 and playing on alterIWnet, but I think something to do with me having 2 graphics cards makes the game have loads of motion lag :/

LocutusEstBorg

I'm getting it for 2 reasons...
I have over 2,400 subscribers on youtube at the moment and loads of them only have PS3s but still want to play with me.
And to play with my real life friends who only have PS3s.

My PC is decent enough but I tried downloading MW2 and playing on alterIWnet, but I think something to do with me having 2 graphics cards makes the game have loads of motion lag :/

That sounds like a stupid reason to spend $300 + buy games. Since you already have a 360, exclusives should really be your only reason. Most multi-platform games run the best on the 360.

After getting several of my friends to buy BC2 for the PC, the experience is no different from playing online with random people. Most of the time its impossible to get everyone in the same server or team.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
That sounds like a stupid reason to spend $300 + buy games. Since you already have a 360, exclusives should really be your only reason. Most multi-platform games run the best on the 360.

After getting several of my friends to buy BC2 for the PC, the experience is no different from playing online with random people. Most of the time its impossible to get everyone in the same server or team.

Really? So long as there's 4 of you on BC2 it should work great, or at least it did with the group of people I played with. If more than 4, make 4 go in then the rest join their session.

I will get exclusives too though, but the only game I think I'll be getting immediately is MW2, though I may get Red Dead Redemption as well as I don't think any of my 360 friends are getting it but loads of my PS3 friends have :)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Maybe you just have shit friends. I find playing with friends 100x better than playing with randoms.

Saaaaaame.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
still odd about that motion blur. Should try disable 1 graphics card. the game will still look great...maybe

I found out what it was. It was the fact that my mouse sensitivity was on highest. I put it to lower and made it so my controllers analog sticks moved the mouse more, and it's fine now :)