• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Playing a Japanese Game

phoenixv5

As the title says (although kinda of topic) I really want to play a JAP PSP game (which ATM has not much hope of an english version)....
The game is .hack//LINK and I don't know any Japanese.
Any suggestions?

For instance an app to learn japanese (something that really helps/works)...
Or maybe a link to some good tutorial?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
As the title says (although kinda of topic) I really want to play a JAP PSP game (which ATM has not much hope of an english version)....
The game is .hack//LINK and I don't know any Japanese.
Any suggestions?

For instance an app to learn japanese (something that really helps/works)...
Or maybe a link to some good tutorial?
well, if you want to play a game in another language, you have a few problems:
1. is their Japanese audio?(because you'll need to understand the spoken language, not just the written language)
2. is the text all one language(i know in some anime's, the language can use different words from other asian languages to represent some objects in the show)
3. learning a language can take quite alot of time

so your options:
1. dedicate the time, and learn the language, possible while playing the game(i.e lookup words), but can be very time consuming.
2. fuck it, and just assume that w/e happens was part of that random jumble of words that they said earlier(and hope the game is very easy to understand where to go).

phoenixv5

well, if you want to play a game in another language, you have a few problems:
1. is their Japanese audio?(because you'll need to understand the spoken language, not just the written language)
2. is the text all one language(i know in some anime's, the language can use different words from other asian languages to represent some objects in the show)
3. learning a language can take quite alot of time

so your options:
1. dedicate the time, and learn the language, possible while playing the game(i.e lookup words), but can be very time consuming.
2. fuck it, and just assume that w/e happens was part of that random jumble of words that they said earlier(and hope the game is very easy to understand where to go).

I think there is audio, but I'm more interested in reading it!
As far as audio goes, well if I can read and understand, then hearing wont be too much trouble right?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
it's all upto you to learn, and play it, i'm just saying that understanding it is not something that'll happen overnight. Even translating the letters word for word can be difficult. It's all the amount of dedication you're willing to put into it.

phoenixv5

it's all upto you to learn, and play it, i'm just saying that understanding it is not something that'll happen overnight. Even translating the letters word for word can be difficult. It's all the amount of dedication you're willing to put into it.

Figures...... :(
I'll see waht I can do while playing the game!

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
o, and one other thing i should mention is to see if people haven't come out with an English patch for the game in question

phoenixv5

o, and one other thing i should mention is to see if people haven't come out with an English patch for the game in question

Work-in-progress for this...
Not too perfect (because it's now a work in progress)!

explosions

phoenixv5

El Diablo

Find a walkthrough and read along as you go through the game to get the gist of what's going on.

phoenixv5

Maybe... Maybe not!
Anyone know any 'learn japanese' sites/apps/tuts??

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Maybe... Maybe not!
Anyone know any 'learn japanese' sites/apps/tuts??

Can't think of any that are effective off the top of my head. It's quite a challenge and I know many suggest, when you do it yourself, to use software like Rosetta Stone. Either way you'll need to be dedicated. Really aren't a "tuts" on language learning aside from actual classes and software - can't think of any mobile apps either

january39

eXo Staff

That made me laugh my socks off :D :D

I've been waiting ages for a worthy quote for my sig, lol

phoenixv5