• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Digital Portal 2 DLC Hitting Steam This Summer

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
portal2.jpg

Already finished Portal 2? Valve plans on luring players back for more with the release of Portal 2 DLC later this summer.

According to the announcement, which was light on specific details, the DLC "will offer new test chambers for players, leaderboards, challenge mode for single and multiplayer modes, and more." It'll also be offered free of charge across all platforms[...]

Continue reading: Portal 2 DLC Hitting Steam This Summer...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Really surprised that Microsoft is allowing them to have free dlc

Same, guess Microsoft finally caved after Sony allowed the entire Steam client on PS3.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Can't wait for new maps. I found the puzzles in Portal 2 a bit on the easy side.

El Diablo

Really happy with this idea. I was afraid Portal 2 would be plagued by paid DLC and that would be the only way to get new maps and what not after seeing their stupid little hat store in multi player. Can't wait for the new stuff.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Microsoft is notorious for forcing developers to charge for any form of content even against the developer's wishes.

I'm glad it's coming out for free but would've rather had it come with the game if I had a choice...I despise DLC

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I read somewhere that apparently it costs publishers a shit load of money just to send out a patch on XBL, that's why they're not pumped out frequently. I guess normally Microsoft gets a percentage from sales which pays for Microsoft's "distribution" costs, but in this case MS can't take a percentage of nothing. That's why I'm guessing Valve will probably be paying out of their own pocket to distribute it free of charge on XBL.

Just an assumption.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Valve and Portals fanbase is so massive that free DLC will probably only attract more customers - Im willing to bet that that is their logic behind this

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
There's nothing I enjoy more than reading PC gamers complain about stuff. Especially when it involves paid DLC and their sense of entitlement to free stuff.

I want to kill any PC user I hear complain about DLC not being free. However I would feel a bit betrayed by Valve if they release paid DLC shortly after the game's release. I personally hate paid DLC when it comes out 1-2 months after the game's initial release and therefore I hardly ever buy DLC.