• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PS Jailbreak Deemed Illegal By Australian Court

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
topindex.jpg

Judgment day has arrived for the PS Jailbreak, a USB dongle pre-loaded with exploit code that allows users to run unsigned code and copied Blu-ray disc games.

The Federal Court of Australia today issued a permanent injunction against the device, ruling that it cannot be sold or imported into the country until further notice. This comes following yesterday's emergence of a free open-source alternative to the hack dubbed PSGroove. Suppliers or respondents named in the judicial order are prohibited from distributing the device, as outlined by five bullet points in an order filed by Justice Dodds-Streeton today:[...]

Continue reading: PS Jailbreak Deemed Illegal By Australia Court...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
A predicatable outcome.

Unfortunately that won't happen in the rest of the world... It's only been a few days and I'm already sick of hearing about people wanting to run ISOs on their PS3s =\ It's like the PSP Scene all over again

Darkchild

The Doctor
A predicatable outcome.

Unfortunately that won't happen in the rest of the world... It's only been a few days and I'm already sick of hearing about people wanting to run ISOs on their PS3s =\ It's like the PSP Scene all over again

let's face reality, people just want their consoles hacked for free games. that's it. That's why they give a cr@p

vXAlexanderXv

People being able to run ISOs on their PSP is why there aren't many blockbuster hits for it.
Homebrew is one thing, but ISO loaders are another. I'd hate to see the PS3's library start to look like the PSP's.

january39

eXo Staff
let's face reality, people just want their consoles hacked for free games. that's it. That's why they give a cr@p

Exactly. Homebrew, lmao.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

lastoneleft_00

Isn't there backup support now, i thought they figured out you can enable it by changing some some simple code. So I think your hopes are now crushed.

january39

eXo Staff
PS2 emulation. Now that would be worth it :)

El Diablo

Personally, I want to be able to run ISOs, but my own backups, or maybe a back up I made of a friends game, but I care more about the homebrew I hope will come from this.

Dan

Contributor
'Payback' is probably just an arrogant response by butthurt kids who lost OtherOs, although they would never have used it anyway.

january39

eXo Staff
I have never had the other OS feature - and i don't care that much either. I am gutted the MS support was removed, i have loads of PSP memory cards.

rileysnotz

Yeah ps2 emulation would be worth it. now if only I can remember where i kept my collection of ps2 games...

I'd love to see some good apps for the ps3 though. maybe some cool xmb mods, BT file transfers and such.