• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV PS Vita Dev Kits Are Incredibly Affordable

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sonyvita.jpg

Start-up indie studios will be pleased to know that the barrier-to-entry for PS Vita development is considerably lower than it was on the PS3 and PSP. SCEE account manager George Bain revealed that the cost of a Vita dev kit will ring in at only "€1,900 plus VAT."

That's quite cheap, a staggering drop from the initial €20,000 cost for PS2 and PS3, and €15,000 for a PSP kit when it first launched[...]

Continue reading: PS Vita Dev Kits Are Incredibly Affordable...

XsavioR

I can't help but find this full of lols after they alienated the devs who cared. But then again Im more stubborn then most.

Hellcat

Contributor
lol, that Develop guy must've just been at the very same lecture I was xD
Here's the DevKit, BTW:
<a rel="nofollow" href="https://mobile.twitter.com/therealhellcat/status/103508050899509248">[mobile.twitter.com]</a>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nice. I'm liking the small form factor, too. Not a huge tower like the early PSP TOOLs.

LocutusEstBorg

This devkit scam needs to stop. There's absolutely no reason development can't be done on a regular console with different certificates and a PC with USB. Security is also an unachievable goal so that excuse is meaningless. The iphone and android can do it just fine.

Hellcat

Contributor
Yah, no more scam, the official TOOL has been publically revealed.
And iOS and Android suffer huge piracy issues - so much for security....