• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 gets a whole lot brighter with amBX support

Euphoria

Sales Nut
PS3 gets a whole lot brighter with amBX support

PRESS RELEASE: amBX ANNOUNCES TOOLS AND MIDDLEWARE LICENSE FOR PLAYSTATION

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Sounds like it would be a nice luxury accessory to have and a bit of a gimmick at first glance. Definitely not a necessity for gaming though.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
It looks like it would be annoying

The "candle in the dark" demo was kinda cool though.

Euphoria

Sales Nut
Guys, it isn't just for gaming.

I would love an extended IMAX experience in my living room.

Supposedly movie studios are going to be using it too before the year is out.

Vee

I could see playing Uncharted 2 being fun on this. If by airflow, they mean making the room colder and stuff.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Guys, it isn't just for gaming.

I would love an extended IMAX experience in my living room.

Supposedly movie studios are going to be using it too before the year is out.

I know dude, but I haven't even taken the leap and got a nice surround sound setup. This is a going to be a big leap for some people to shell out money so a fan can blow on them while they watch a movie or game.

Plus, I've usually never in the same position when gaming or watching TV, but my preferred position is usually horizontal on my couch. I doubt this setup would work well when I am lying flat vegging out.

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely cool, just not something I'm excited about.

Sullivan

I wish games had like 5.1 surround sound support. That would be sweet.

Euphoria

Sales Nut
I know dude, but I haven't even taken the leap and got a nice surround sound setup. This is a going to be a big leap for some people to shell out money so a fan can blow on them while they watch a movie or game.

Plus, I've usually never in the same position when gaming or watching TV, but my preferred position is usually horizontal on my couch. I doubt this setup would work well when I am lying flat vegging out.

No biggie, I actually watch my movies the same way.

_Syn

I could see playing Uncharted 2 being fun on this. If by airflow, they mean making the room colder and stuff.

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. The temperature of the air adjusting to what is happening in-game. Example, Altair is on a pursuit and you can feel the air blowing because he is running, or if you're on LittleBigPlanet and you're on a level where there are flames, the air blows hot air. :w00t: I'd like jizz-in-my-pants if that were available. But not that I'd need it. :D

Joey

Abe, I can't believe you fail to see this as anything other than a revolution...

Sony changes the game, once again!

twelve

I'm not dead
Message to Sony:

Stop wasting money on shit people don't need and drop the price of the fucking console instead.

Scorned

Personally, i wouldnt to be "cold" or "hot" during a game just to enhance the game experience, just be a turn off for me.