• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 to receive Command & Conquer (Ultimate Edition)

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
f_cacm_9fdcc84.png

PS3 owners should be glad to know that they will be receiving a little something extra in the PlayStation 3 version of Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, none of which was included in either the Xbox 360 or PC release. In fact, they will be receiving a lot more than than those who purchased either the Xbox 360 or PC version of the game did. The "Ultimate Edition" is set to include bloopers, behind-the-scenes videos, and developer commentary; in addition to new multiplayer maps, the game's official soundtrack, a Unit Profile video detailing each and every unit in the game, and last but not least an HD version of the "Girls of Red Alert 3" video that highlights the game's actresses. Unfortunately no release date has been officially announced, however those looking forward to purchasing C&C Red Alert 3 for the PS3 should also be happy to know that the EA Store still has the game listed with a $59.95 USD price tag.

Source

Sullivan

When I saw this I was excited, but I think that "these" type of games are those that just need to be played on a PC. I will probably pick this up, because I can, but I haven't played a RPG on a console, so I hope its not to bad.

Serideth

I agree, although the PS3 has a mouse and keyboard that will probably work with this right?

If not then its pointless,I know some people argue FPS is a PC only thing, that I can disagree with at times, however RTS really should stay to the PC.

A keyboard & Mouse interface option is definantly required. They're are simply so many commands in C&C Red Alert 3, and even on the PC using only the mouse makes things difficult. But considering it's been on the 360 already without a keyboard/mouse control scheme, the same will be carried over here.

Sullivan

I can always disagree with the fact that FPS is a PC thing only. Its not, I actually played on a 360 for the very first time last week. And for those who say FPS is better on a 360 compared to a PS3, its not. There is really no difference.

@ Tenchitsu, thanks for brining up the keyboard and mouse, I don't own a PS3 specified keyboard, so I wouldn't know what buttons on the keyboard control what. But I am going to test out the mouse thing today and see if games support it.

I only played C&C Generals on PC, thats it. But I loved it, and I was disappointed when the 360 got Tiberium wars.

Serideth

@ Tenchitsu, thanks for brining up the keyboard and mouse, I don't own a PS3 specified keyboard, so I wouldn't know what buttons on the keyboard control what. But I am going to test out the mouse thing today and see if games support it.

I think there was a mouse for the UT game that came out?

eldiablov

Contributor
Yeah unreal tournament 3 supported mouse and keyboard. It used the traditional buttons. W,A,S,D etc. Im sure they were configurable, I just never needed to.

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
A little more information regarding the PS3 version of Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3, it looks like a release date (err month) has been announced!

The better-late-than-never PS3 version of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 has been pinned for a March release.

As revealed when EA accidentally leaked details on its store site, the so-titled Ultimate Edition for PS3 will include platform-exclusive bonus content. EA has handily provided a list of exactly what you can expect:

- Five exciting new multiplayer maps
- Behind the scenes videos and trailers, including Raising the Iron Curtain
- Documentary, From Pens to Pixels, the Girls of Red Alert 3, Bloopers & Outtakes, the Red Alert 3 Remix and many more!
- PS3 exclusive Command & Conquer TV programming, including PS3-dedicated BattleCast PrimeTime and a special episode of Command School focused on tips, tricks and strategies from the development team
- In-depth profiles on all the Red Alert 3 Units
- The official Red Alert 3 soundtrack

Source

Whisper

Logic :(
I've always loved C&C games. If this edition doesn't support mouse or keyboard I might pass on it though.

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
I'd be surprised if they left out the option to use a keyboard/mouse. They haven't mentioned anything about incorporating them into this release unfortunately. Which is a shame because this and a few other upcoming titles could very well be the reason that I decide to switch over from the Xbox 360 to the PS3. :(

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Just wanted to say thanks for your efforts in bringing some life to the News section Lazaarus, it's certainly appreciated.

I'll be in contact via PM at some point in the future with some ideas.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I don't really see much sense in limiting special content to a specific platform and really hate it when they do that. And I don't really see how anyone can play an RTS on a console other than a PC. If you're going to get a mouse and keyboard for your console...why not just use a PC?

Why you would exclude the platform the genre was made for from special content is beyond me.