• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 update stuck on 99%

rileysnotz

I just swapped my PS3's 80GB hdd for a 160GB. It asked me to install system software (3.55) which I'm trying to do but it's been stuck on 99% for the past one hour. Should I continue waiting (seems pointless) or try restarting? :sad:

rileysnotz

i'd recomend restarting, also is it at the install sitting at 99, or the download?

It's the install thats stuck. OK will try restarting. thanks.

Tried restarting and it began the install but stopped at 99% again. Will swap drives again and see what happens.

rileysnotz

OK swapped back to the old HDD and it booted straight into the xmb. Will try formatting the new one on the PC (windows 7). any tips or instructions regarding the format? Thanks in advance.

rileysnotz

It finally worked but now there's a new problem. I cannot setup my wireless connection. The green led doesn't light up and the network connection settings does not give me an option to select a wireless setup either. I've tried restoring, formatting, resetting etc but the only option I get is wired connection. WTF.

rileysnotz

Just tried that and its the same shit. I'm hoping it isn't the wireless thats fried though I dont see how. Lucky I still have 5 days on the warranty but I hope it doesn't come to that....

rileysnotz

Finally sorted the problem out.

Put the PS3 in recovery mode and selected option 5> Restore PS3 System. Voila it worked. The wireless was enabled and everything's working fine now.

Thanks for the help guys!

brunoedgardo

Finally sorted the problem out.

Put the PS3 in recovery mode and selected option 5> Restore PS3 System. Voila it worked. The wireless was enabled and everything's working fine now.

Thanks for the help guys!

Hi. I have the same problem. A put a new HD and the install stuck on 99%. I put the old HD and I cannot setup my wireless connection.
Please tell me how can you solve the 99% stuck problem?

With your answer i can trie to Restore PS3 System to recover mi wireless conecction.
THANKS!