• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3's Service Mode JIG Set-Up File leaked

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
Another item which is not supposed to be out for public consumption has leaked out to the Internet: the JIG install setup folder for the PS3. Before you go gaga over this exploit, do take not that it's actually pretty useless without the necessary related software.

ps3hack_qjgenth.jpg

JIG Set-Up files - Image 1

We do have a screenshot as well as information, though, if that would appease your curiosity. For one, it's been said that the leaker is one such hackerpointer. As for the included files:

* Lv2diag.self: crashes on a Debug console, likely used for lv2 diagnostics.
* PS3UPDAT.PUP: a very tiny updater PUP, enough for just a 'base' system. It doesn't run on any system the resident PS3 Devs currently have access to.
* UPDATER_LOG.TXT: simply a service mode updater log.

im not aloud to post the downlod link here? if not can i put onto my site and link here?

EvilSeph

Administrator
Until we make a proper decision, here's mine: since these files are illegal and the original source is the home of the spawn of hell itself, I'm going to go ahead and say that we should not be linking to it.

Note: this is a temporary decision that is in effect until an official one is made.

Edit: this has been discussed and upon review it is clear that your site is plagiarizing our partner eXophase.com. That being said, the above decision is final and we are not going to be favorable towards your site as it stands. This thread however will remain open for discussion. - NeilR