• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS4 PS4 to Support 4K Resolution for Images and Video but not for Games

David Sanchez

Killzone-Shadow-Fall.jpg

Thinking of shelling out the (insane amounts of) cash for a sexy TV with 4K resolution so your PlayStation 4 games can look damn near godly? Well, you may want to rethink making such an (incredibly wild) investment solely for your gaming purposes. It turns out the PlayStation 4 will only support 4K for images and videos but not for games.

"The official answer is that the PS4 supports 4K output but for personal contents, like photos or videos.

Continue reading...

Seth

MD Party Room
Still better then nothing I mean most games are at 720p I was not going to expect a jump past 1080p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I expected it, otherwise the PS4 would cost like $2000. Not even the top GPUs on the PC side can handle 4K res well, need at least 2 or 3 GPUs.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Games are really the only thing that can truly benefit from 4k IMO. But it will be a ways off before we see that in something like a console.

And like X said, even PCs struggle with it.

On my Single GPU GTX 460 system at the very most I can get to about 3008x1692 playable on some games. But not many.