• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSONE games ask for disks?

evilguy12

All the games so far that I've converted so far with the popstation easy gui or Ice Tea don't get past the third level. In both MediEvil 1 & 2 they both display the image of a disk with an ! mark next to it. I have tried three firmwares (3.40O-EA 3.52m33 and 3.71M33), three ISO burners and a different game ID code. Can anyone help me? Would compressing the games have any effects?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Try converting the game with PSX2PSP.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That's the one I'm already using.

Not according to your original post. Anyways, I would try using other pops versions on 3.71 M33 by using popsloader.

There's a good thread on getting this setup here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=4595

If that still does not help then I would say that either the game is incompatible with pops or the disc that you ripped the ISO/BIN file from is damaged.

evilguy12

Not according to your original post. Anyways, I would try using other pops versions on 3.71 M33 by using popsloader.

There's a good thread on getting this setup here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=4595

If that still does not help then I would say that either the game is incompatible with pops or the disc that you ripped the ISO/BIN file from is damaged.

MediEvil I is on the compatability (perfect) list here and both MediEvil's are said to be working on 3.71m33 (which I already tried) on The Gamer's Press. The ISOs couldn't be corrupt I don' think as I've ripped the image from the disks over five times (no times working). To be honest I think it would have to be the compressing. There is no way you can get from 505MB to 350MB without losing some important files. I can't test this theory though as I only have a 512MB card.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
MediEvil I is on the compatability (perfect) list here and both MediEvil's are said to be working on 3.71m33 (which I already tried) on The Gamer's Press. The ISOs couldn't be corrupt I don' think as I've ripped the image from the disks over five times (no times working). To be honest I think it would have to be the compressing. There is no way you can get from 505MB to 350MB without losing some important files. I can't test this theory though as I only have a 512MB card.

actually,theres some PSX games that compress really well.i think my copy of vagrant story is about 115MB and it runs perfectly :)

i would seriously consider checking if the disc is scratched as no amount of times you try to rip a disc,if its damaged it won't rip properly.

the compatibilty list that i started was made back when the latest custom firmware was 3.10 OE and is quite out of date by now.you could try using popsloader to load the 3.10 pops,if that doesn't work then it has to be the ISO's.

evilguy12

actually,theres some PSX games that compress really well.i think my copy of vagrant story is about 115MB and it runs perfectly :)

i would seriously consider checking if the disc is scratched as no amount of times you try to rip a disc,if its damaged it won't rip properly.

the compatibilty list that i started was made back when the latest custom firmware was 3.10 OE and is quite out of date by now.you could try using popsloader to load the 3.10 pops,if that doesn't work then it has to be the ISO's.

The disc is scratched but works perfectly in my PS2 with no problems. Both games only reach the 3rd level before not continuing which I thought was strange. Earthworm Jim 2 works and that has scratches on the disk though. Also I read on another compatibility list that it worked with no problems on 3.71m33 and I've already tried that.

evilguy12

Hmm...I've just checked the MediEvil2.iso file using ePSXe and the same thing happens (doesn't get past the loading screen for Kesington level). Would anyone know why the ISO burners aren't working? The disc is certainly not damaged and works in my PS2 fine. EDIT: I checked the CD-ROM with ePSXe as well and it doesn't work either!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm...I've just checked the MediEvil2.iso file using ePSXe and the same thing happens (doesn't get past the loading screen for Kesington level). Would anyone know why the ISO burners aren't working? The disc is certainly not damaged and works in my PS2 fine. EDIT: I checked the CD-ROM with ePSXe as well and it doesn't work either!

I would say it is the disc. The reason it works on PS2 may be because the PS2's DVD drive has better error correction than the drive in your computer.