• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP psp 3000 grip question

ry64

I'm a winner.
okay i was wondering, since i have a psp 3000 but i much perfer the feel of a 1000 in my hands, that if there were any grips like the 1000 had available for the 3000? or if i could use something like this to replace the back of my psp with?

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
There's a difference?

Sorry, but I'm curious, I thought they were both the same.

ry64

I'm a winner.
There's a difference?

Sorry, but I'm curious, I thought they were both the same.
yes there is
061101_psp1000sv_b.jpg

when you look at the back of a 1000 you notice how it is raised at the sides providing a much better grip and feel
spec_psp3000pw_back.preview.jpg

while on the 2000 and 3000 the back is flat

Dan

Contributor
What do you mean by 'you prefer the feel'? The PSP3000 is obviously thinner and lighter than it's predecessor, there's nothing you can do about it. I'm no pro on hardware modding, but changing the backplate/UMD door is no easy task.

EDIT: Sorry, you posted them pictures just before me, but it's something you will just have to get used to. I hear no other complaints from people about this minor change.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Oh wow, I never really noticed that difference.

To be honest, I doubt you'll find something like that in any shop. However, someone may be willing to knock up something for you on the Ben Heck forums. For a fee, of course. Sometimes they just charge materials + shipping costs, some may charge a labour fee too.

If you bought the Phat Battery cover for the PSP-2000, you could have had a grip on your right side of the PSP-3000 (since PSP-2000 accessories work with PSP-3000).

january39

eXo Staff
To change the back plate on a psp, requires you to remove all the components (and i mean everything inc wifi/memory stick reader). Not easy if it is the first time you have dissassembled a psp.

Changin the UMD draw cover and be done without even opening up the psp, to change the UMD you need to remove all the LCD/LCD housing.

Personally i prefer the thinner one, the phat is heavy.

LocutusEstBorg

I felt the same at first, but now I prefer the 2000/3000 to the Phat. At first the Slim felt kinda cheap and flimsy but its MUCH easier to control especially when you hold it like an arcade stick on the right side for Tekken and stuff.