• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP and PS3 problems.

InuShoumaru

Hello, my first post and hopfully I will get this cleared up in the first answer. I'm having trouble with registering my PSP to my PS3. I have the latest PS3 update (2.76) and my PSP's system software is 3.52. When I connect my PSP to the PS3 and tell it to register, my PS3 says that I need to update the PSP. So my question to you is what could I be doing wrong, and if it is just a simple update, what is it and where can I find it?

Any and all help is welcomed.

Hellcat

Contributor
Update your PSP to something more recent, like 5.00-M33 or 5.50-GEN.

If you don't need homebrew you can also just use the Network Update of the PSP.

3.52 is just too old and not compatible with recent PS3 FWs.

InuShoumaru

Thanks. Would you be able to tell me a place where I could get 5.00-M33 or 5.50-GEN. I'm not sure where a good place to get it would be.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM EST ----------

Okay, I found 5.00 M33-6, and it will go onto my PSP uncorrupted, however when it starts to install, it says that "The game could not be started. (80020148)" Does this mean that I need to have a more recent version before I can even get this one? I heard of going from 4.00 or 4.01 to 5.00. Is that what I must do too?

All help welcomed. Thanks.

Adiuvo

You'll need to use a Pandora battery to install M33. It can't be installed from the official firmware you're on.

Here's a useful guide on hacking the PSP. Refer to the Pandora section in specific.

Hellcat

Contributor
You'll need to use a Pandora battery to install M33. It can't be installed from the official firmware you're on.

Here's a useful guide on hacking the PSP. Refer to the Pandora section in specific.

Erhm, nope, no Pandora required ;)

Just update to official Sony 5.03, use ChickHEN and flash everthing you want from there.

Sony PSP FW 5.03 Update
Grab ChickHEN R2 from here
Recovery Flasher to install most of the recent CFWs while on ChickHEN

There's also a guide floating around for CFW'ing your PSP w/o Pandora, just check the guides section, should be there somewhere :)

// EDIT
The Recover Flasher download page also holds links to every Sony FW updater you might need to install the CFW of your choice (I'd suggest 5.00-M33).