• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP doesn't charge up and.....

vp10120

Well strange thing happens to my PSP recently. It was working just fine until one day i plugin it on AC and doesn't charge, USB charge was fine. So i used it couple days without AC to recharge the battery. While later i tried to diagnos and fix the AC problem because is annoying to get interrupted during the game for recharge.

I read on forums that said plug AC and pull out battery and reinsert might make it works. I did it and now the PSP won't boot up with battery and AC plus doesn't charge too. I agian did a few research and seems like my PSP fuse has blown. Now i need info that how i repair. First i need locate all PSP Fuses on TA-85v1 mainboard. Any other comments are welcomed.

Help please?

vp10120

My PSP slim was brought came with 3.60 OFW, i updated to 3.90 OFW and downgrade using pandora directly to 3.71 M33-2. Then i used D_A's 4.01 updater update my PSP to 4.01 M33-2. And yes if you wonder, i only update my PSP CFW once from 3.71 M33-4 to 4.01 M33-2.

I didn't do anything ever since it has got to 4.01 M33-2, i didn't even touches the NAND. I load XMB themes using CXMB.

I was thinking if that could be the charger, but now the battery doesn't work too. I just dunno how the heck the fuses blown up while on everyday use and charging? I wouldn't say is the power surge because the charger suppose to have voltage amp control.

I googled abit and came up quite an amazing results.. There's tons of cases of fuse blown. When the hell is sony gonna stablize the voltage?!

Now i need the damn TA-88v1 graph and have someone show me where are the fuses. Also need a tips about it. Thx agian

EDIT: Also i like to know a thing, which in my concern that is true but just like to reconfirm it. That is flashing my PSP to CFW voided the warranty right...? (I hope is not true, coz i still have 5 months of warranty :S )

B2K24

What happens if you enable USB charge in M33 recovery then attempt to charge with PC or even buy a new battery and try it before you do anything with sony.

Thats why I never screw with the wall charger I know my OCZ 700 watt gamming edition power supply will never let me down hooked up to big surge protector that has 10 outlets and some outrageous 500K warranty.

vp10120

Yeah i did enable that later, i first charge it with USB Mode.. Next i enable the USB Charge on M33 Recovery Menu, it didn't charge while im playing the game. Which i thought is strange but i didn't care. Next when the battery is about to flat (light just started blinking) i stopped playing and thinking to fix with the AC.

Which i know there's about 10%+ power in the battery to boot PSP so i did some test as mentioned before, plug AC and pull battery out and doesn't work.. So i insert battery whihc... PSP doesn't boot. In my knowledge the battery is not complete flat! So i guess is the damn fuse.

J

jx233

Well strange thing happens to my PSP recently. It was working just fine until one day i plugin it on AC and doesn't charge, USB charge was fine. So i used it couple days without AC to recharge the battery. While later i tried to diagnos and fix the AC problem because is annoying to get interrupted during the game for recharge.

I read on forums that said plug AC and pull out battery and reinsert might make it works. I did it and now the PSP won't boot up with battery and AC plus doesn't charge too. I agian did a few research and seems like my PSP fuse has blown. Now i need info that how i repair. First i need locate all PSP Fuses on TA-85v1 mainboard. Any other comments are welcomed.

Help please?

the same happened to my TA-082. it stopped working randomly. (the motherbaord overheated) my Pandora Battery could not start it up. I charged it, and waited about an hour to let it cool down and its worked. Presto!! :w00t:

I know what you went through. Its frustrating. :crying:

vp10120

Hey thx, btw something strange just happened. And i figured what went wrong all this times. Is kinda funny lol

First my PSP works and it didn't charge on AC which i think is AC but actually i did used HellCat's Recovery homebrew that actually corrupted my NAND firmware because accidently flash 4.01 M33 with no firmware whatsoever on. And since only HellCat's Recovery Tool can access to NAND so i think that's where my PSP got firmware damaged.

My pandora battery actually works as normal but for some reason it doesn't boot up normally with my Memory Stick. The battery itself like i said is still powered but PSP get into recovery mode or FW failed to work which i didn't expect it. So I went to buy a USB charger and charged up my PSP battery and PSP shows charging light but still doesn't boot. After is charged and i did few tests i know it got into Recovery Mode since PSP can shutdown normally and green light with no screen.

So again my PSP is not malfunctioning but the AC adapter are, and i didn't use HellCat's Recovery properly that caused the firmware issue. The firmware issue is where it boots one time and fail another time, and formatted MS after restart said needed to format again. So i tried carefully to remake Magic Memory Stick and reflash stright away to 3.71 M33-2 and now its working flawless. I then update back to 4.01 M33-2 and is perfect piece of homebrew runner :D

I glad i didn't waste my time sending it to Sony and i only spent 20 bucks on a quality USB Charger that comes with Car adapter. There's no explaining how the hell Sony Geniune AC Charger gone dead. Good thing i don't want to waste money to buy a new one since PSP-3000 is near.

XsavioR

yes if you return your psp for warrenty work you will void your warrenty...

IF you send it in with custom firmware on it.

Glad you got it sorted. Now a days its pretty difficult to break your psp with CFW. Usually you have to do something outrageous , like not read a readme b3fore you flash stuff.

vp10120

I know this thread is getting old but one thing to warn you guys, Sony Slim's AC charger itself has a problem as the Sony CEO said it while on PSP-3000 conference.

And this only happens for PSP Slim console.

EDIT: Gosh bunch of grammar problems on my previous post lmao!