• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

psp help

nighspell

what firmware does the psp need to be to downgrade without Pandora and can you downgrade a slim without a Pandora looking to purchases another psp after I had to sell my old one. the last I know is 2.71 easy downgrader

Sullivan

On the Slim, you don't really upgrade. I highly suggest you look into a Pandoras Battery.

Slasher

Suck It
what firmware does the psp need to be to downgrade without Pandora and can you downgrade a slim without a Pandora looking to purchases another psp after I had to sell my old one. the last I know is 2.71 easy downgrader

The last official firmware that could be downgraded was 3.50 via the Lumines downgrader. Anything past 3.50 must use Pandora in order to downgrade.

When PSP-2000's were initially released they had 3.60 pre-installed. So yes, PSP-2000's absolutely require Pandora in order to "downgrade" and get custom firmware on them. Be careful though if buying a PSP-2000, because the newer 2000's are unable to be downgraded since they have a new motherboard equipped which essentially blocks pandora from working. If you're looking at getting a PSP-2000, make sure it's an older one.

nighspell

what about on the psp 1000 models I dont wont to hard mod a battery or pay someone to put m33 on it so if I need to get the 1000 model then so be it was planning on getting two one for me and one for the wife and I am cheap dont want to put out any more money then I have too

Sullivan

On the original 1000 models, depending on the firmware, you can downgrade with a few exploits if the firmware is extremely low, if its 3.03 - 3.50, there are a few methods of using a exploit via UMD.

Slasher

Suck It
All PSP-1000 models can be downgraded one way or another. Your best bet is using Pandora though when downgrading.

Adiuvo

what about on the psp 1000 models I dont wont to hard mod a battery or pay someone to put m33 on it so if I need to get the 1000 model then so be it was planning on getting two one for me and one for the wife and I am cheap dont want to put out any more money then I have too

If you don't want to hardmod use a Datel Tool Battery. Google for a 'PSP magic memory stick creator for Windows,' and use that to create the memory stick.

With Lumines, you'll need the regular one. Rent it, as the new ones are patched and rented ones will most likely be older disks.

Sullivan

The Greatest Hits WILL work.

The link adiuvo posted, will suit your needs for obtaining the BATTERY for the kit, which you will have to obtain the memory card files from someone.

You can although buy a full kit from someone, I hate the idea that people make a profit off of it, but if you are desperate, here it is:

Deluxe Pandora Battery Kit for PSP Slim and Phat