• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP MOD CHIP!

ondjce

has anyone installed, used or seen any psp with mod chips??? i hear there are 2 avalible now...

i find it hard to belive, there are not enought sites selling them, and not many pics of instalation etc.

i am just interested in this as i wanna get a few of them and install them, but not willin to buy if they are fake.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
both are not fake, I know someone who has a UP.

PSP-Devolution is the new chip but not available for purchase yet, if your set on getting a chip I'd wait for this one.

GrimFandango

Bricked PSP repair

Is it true that the modchips repair bricked PSPs by letting it boot from the modchip flash?. That is the primary reasons i'm interested in getting one, i got a large number of bricked psps and it'd be great to repair them all by installing modchips.

JKing

Banned
Is it true that the modchips repair bricked PSPs by letting it boot from the modchip flash?. That is the primary reasons i'm interested in getting one, i got a large number of bricked psps and it'd be great to repair them all by installing modchips.

From what ive "heard" its true....never tried it myself.

knicky91

Updater/Moderator
I set up a dude's PSP and he had a UP modchip installed.
its not too bad really and i liked it.

The new Modchip coming out is to be really mad.

You can buy the UP modchip HERE at modchipstore.com
Also includes all the info and pics you need with the chip.
Retail price is currently $69.95 USD

ondjce

great to know that the chip is legit, will really help with firmware updates and gettin ppl to cross over to the dark side of PSP. since most ppl are worried about updateing and brickin there psp's

PSP-Devolution sounds really good, cant wait for it to be released, and hope someone will stock them in AUS.

looking at UP the soldering required and cutting or tracks really makes you think twice, hope the Devolution is alot easyer and dosent require any tracks to be cut, and using the on board usb really does make it a cleaner install.