• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 [PSP, PS3] Video Store Open For Germany \o/

Hellcat

Contributor
Yoho, me.... again.... xD

Why did no one tell me.... maybe 'cause no one noticed so far?

The PSN Video-Store (that I am impatiently waiting for) has finally arrived in good (?) old Germany!

I was just browsing the PSN store a bit from my PSP as I noticed the "[GAME] // [VIDEO]" selection at the top.
And there actually ARE movies to rent or buy and then d/l and watch \o/

FINALLY!

Didn't look at much, but from what I spotted so far, buying is ~15 Euros and renting ~4 Euros.
I have yet to find how long the "rental period" is.
If it's a week (like common in such online rental stores AFAIK) it's cheaper than most local video rental stores.

Definitaly gotta check that out, unfortunately not right yet :-/

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I spoke about this yesterday in another thread Cat. xD You should read what I write more often :p

Hellcat

Contributor
:eek:

Oh shi.......... really? Why didn't I see that thread? What was the title?
I usually browse the forums using the "new posts" link, so I think.... I just missed it.... how could I do that....

Was the thread about it (then we can close this one) or did you just mention it?

//EDIT

I usually DO read what you write :p
This really just slipped by me.... :confused:

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I posted this in two different posts in the same thread (the new PSPgo offer one):

I won't when all countries in the EU are treated equally. The EU is more than the UK, France, Germany and Spain.

and Vidzone. and TV Channels.

We paid the same money as everyone else so why can't we have the same features as everyone else?

xD

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Oh wait... Silly me... VidZone is different for the Video Store... But I knew the video store was open.

/me bangs head on wall.

Hellcat

Contributor
Yeah, VidZone is this (IMO useless) music video thing.

Soso.... and you didn't tell me the movie video store was open.... aha.... I see.... ;)
Well, I found out anyway, as you can see xD

// EDIT

Ah, found out the rental period:
You can d/l the movie for 14 days after "puchase" of the rent, and then you'll be able to play the movie for 48 hours after the first time of playback.

Hmm, sounds fair, I'd gues....

explosions

what exactly is \o/

Hellcat

Contributor
Hm, I checked out the movie store a bit more today.

Got a bit disappointed.

That you can't rent and only buy certain movies - that's perfectly fine and usual.
But that you can only rent, but NOT BUY certain movies.... WTF?

Further more, you have to choose between SD or HD, wouldn't one have thought the SD version comes with the HD one?
(or does it? I haven't tried yet, please, if anyone knows please do tell).

Not that I really want an SD version if there's an HD one BUT (here comes yet another catch), the HD version can't be put'n'played on the PSP :argh:
So, it'll either be "get HD version and only play on PS3" (given you don't get the SD version with it) or "get SD lowres but play on PS3 and PSP"....

:argh:

Which makes it all more worse (as there hasn't been enough already) for what I have to pay for the SD versions, I get the movies on the damn BluRay discs in HD! (and non-PSPish again, usually).

Blergh, Sony really didn't think this through - again.

But what should I have expected, it's Sony :(
Well, would've been too good....

So it can really only be used for occasional rental - unless you get the SD version with an HD purchase.... anyone knows?