• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSPSDK or DevKitPSP ?

NoName

Hello @ all

Till now i have some experience, with making NDS-Homebrew on Windows.
Now i want to make some homebrew for the PSP. Many thanks to Davee, who made it possible with his HEN.

The Problem is, that i want to work with Linux and i don't know, which devkit i should use. So, i want to know, which of the these two is better for Linux.

And if someone, could tell me some good Tutorials for PSP-Programming, and Setting up the PSP- development- enviroment under Linux. It would be nice.

thank you in advance.
and thanks again to Davee for his HEN.

Hardrive

Contributor
To my knowledge, DevKitPSP is a Windows executable environment. It won't work in Linux, unless you setup wine. the PSPSDK, however, is a Linux toolchain, and is what you should use for Linux PSP development.

If you follow the readme that comes with the PSP toolchain, you should be able to compile it just fine. In a Linux environment, I've found that it takes and most a few hours to compile the whole thing.

Once you are done, head over to psp-programming.com. It has some introductory tutorials to programming on the PSP. Most of it is outdated, so you'll want to supplement what you learn from checking out the PS2DEV.org forums or asking around here.

NoName

Thanks @aaa801 and @Hardrive for your answers.

i have tryed to install the PSPSDK like in it was stated in the Readme.
1.) Installed all Required Pakages.
2.) Instate runing "./toolchain.sh" i have started "./toolchain-sudo.sh" because "./toolchain.sh" does not run. (something with "Permission denied")

After 1/2 till 3/4 hour i get an ERROR. (variable DEVPSP was not found)
i have written: export DEVPSP=/usr/local/pspdev
but it does not work

Now i have changed again to my Windows Partition and installed an PSPSDK which came with a Installer for Windows. After trying to compile the first Example, it works.

aaa801

try starting a super user terminal then using ./toolchain-sudo.sh
thats what im doing on opensuse as i also got the errors
:)

NoName

@aaa801

i tried with superuser, but i get the same Error (there was a problem in script "004-newlib-1.15.0.sh").

after that i have started a last try, using this Guide:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1047223

And after 2 1/2 hour everything was fine. Now i can make Homebrew for PSP on Linux :D.

The Tutorials on PSP-Programming.com are looking very helpful. So thanks again Hardrive and aaa801.

I'm happy :D

aaa801

mine died on the last bit lol
the usb thing
was because it tryed to link to curses instead of ncurses